“Almost worth the noise”

Dining options: Late Night
Aylmer, ON
“Almost worth the noise”
Reviewed December 2, 2012

This was recommended to us by our hotel. We weren't going to be too picky because it was Thanksgiving evening and we weren't sure about finding anywhere else. It was crowded with the stand-ups from the college sampling the over 30 beers on tap. Because of that it was noisy and we had trouble having a conversation. However the staff took good care of us and the burgers were excellent.

• Visited November 2012
1 Thank abcpastor

Upstate New York
“Try the Classic Burger. It's good--VERY good.”
Reviewed November 15, 2012

Really liked the burger I had. Went with the Village Tavern's "Classic" with cheese, which was their most basic burger--large, thick and very juicy. I ordered it cooked Medium and that's how it was served. It comes with fresh lettuce, tomato and a red onion slice (which I skipped), and a nice piece of cheddar on top. The burger and the bun were so thick and juicy, I enjoyed it without ketchup or anything else--very filling and really good. The burger also came with a side of chips made right on premises, which were warm and nicely salted--much better than ordinary potato chips. Price was reasonable, service was very good--all in all, a good. solid burger plate I highly recommend.

• Visited November 2012
New York City, New York
“A Sports Bar with Class”
Reviewed November 7, 2012

What a nice surprise the Village Tavern is. With televisions on various walls, it easily could have been just another loud sports bar with mediocre food, but no! The Village Tavern has delicious burgers and - shockingly, I know - one of the best New England clam chowders I have ever tasted. The service is excellent and efficient and management is overly friendly. I hear it's great for dinner, too, but I know I wouldn't go anywhere else for lunch next time I'm in Geneseo!

• Visited October 2012
Rochester, New York, United States
“Try the Tots!”
Reviewed September 29, 2012

My wife and I had lunch here following a visit to the SUNY Geneseo campus and were pleasantly surprised with all the renovations (we hadn't been inside in about 20 years). There is a sizable draft beer selection, with an emphasis on local microbrews. The menu is fairly extensive, offering far more than just standard bar food. We ordered the boneless chicken wings (mild country sweet) and "Topped Tavern Tots" as appetizers, along w/ the Portabello Panini and a Classic Cheddar Cheese Burger. Both sandwiches were pretty good, as were the boneless wings, but the tots are incredible! They are deep-fried then topped with bacon, blue & cheddar cheese, and green onions. We will definitely be going back soon and ordering more of those! With one drink each, the total bill came to less than $30.00, pretty reasonable.

• Visited September 2012