Yogi Bear's Jellystone Park Camp-Resort Gardiner
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation but we can search other options in Gardiner
See available hotels
Econo Lodge(New Paltz)
  • Breakfast included
  • Pool
Harvest Inn(Pine Bush)
Chelsea Motel(Kerhonkson)
View Hotel
All reviewsyogi beargreat family vacationpool arearent a golf cartgreat campgroundrv sitesjellystone parkcamp resortwi filong weekendjelly stoneearly checkjumping pillowpoolscabinamenitiesvolleyball
FilterAll languages
Reviewed October 14, 2013

We have camped here a great number of times since 2004 and until now loved to be there. Our most recent trip (10/11/13-10/14/13) involved 7 families staying on various sites in one of area of the camp. Each day/night our group would gather to shoot the bull, have some dinner, and listen to music. Sometimes we sang around the campfire. On the first evening we were asked to turn down our music, which we did, and apologized for our noise. The second evening we had a massive turkey dinner, feeding all our families. During dinner we noticed that the staff of the park kept driving back and forth in their golf carts, watching us closely. In the afternoon of 10/13, the NYS Police came to our sites and started asking us questions regarding noise and rude behavior. We were shocked and embarrassed that the park owner never reached out or spoke with us, instead he contacted the troopers through a Lieutenant who was camping across from us. There were multiple children in our group and our behavior was beyond reproach. For the rest of the evening we were visited multiple times by the troopers and stalked by a mob of young men on golf carts. The golf cart mob stayed at the site right above us, and again drove back and forth. We complied with all the Trooper's requests and asked what appears to be the problem. They could not offer us any explanation other than they were asked to keep and eye on us by management. If you have a large family or plan on having any sort of gathering this is not the place for you. We will be calling LSI management regarding this event.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
12  Thank fjs217
Reviewed August 12, 2013

My husband and I just came back from a 4 day weekend with our motorhome and grandkids. It was an interesting time! At first impression on a Thursday as we drove in we loved it, we loved our site, it was big and not on top of our neighbors. Beautiful grounds, 2 pools and snack bar, looks like lots of activity for my 5yr grandson and 12yr granddaughter to do! Then that night it rained, all night long and hard till the next morning. Then we realized we were surrounded by water all around with high raising water. As the campground isn't responsible for the weather but no one came to see if we were ok. So we managed to all get into our jeep to go to the office and inquire about our situation. We were told we were going to be ok and we were offered a different site, which both made us feel better and decided to stay as we were all hooked up and we would have to be in deep water to unplug from the electric outlet. 20 mins it stopped raining then the pool of deep waters receded! Then next day was beautiful weather but that's when we heard low flying planes were taking off near the campground and flying directly overhead every 20 mins with para gliders jumping out! One even landed in our campground by accident! The planes were very loud and started early morning until evening the whole
weekend! We were very disappointed as our relaxing weekend was ruined by this! This would have been a repeat place to go back if it wasn't for the small engine planes. I hope they can somehow change the path of these planes, it's a shame.

• Stayed: August 2013
3  Thank Radiantcrystal
Reviewed August 1, 2013

I recently returned to this campground after camping here more than 15 years ago with my parents. This time around, my parents have their own trailer and I now brought my husband and three year old son. Very nostalgic being back and the campground is as great as I remember. The owners are very visible and clearly work extremely hard to make this a great destination. A few things have changed since I camped there in that more full hook up sites have been added, a newer pool and a Tiki Bar, all of which were a hit. My son LOVES "the bears" so having them so visible during our four day trip was fabulous.

The campground is very clean, well kept and minimal seasonal sites. We have found over the last year that the number of seasonal sites really defines a campground, so we found this a plus. Keep up the good work!

2  Thank MCL0519
Reviewed July 23, 2013

We rented a cabin . There was some type of bugs in the bed because my daughter got bitten up all on her arms and legs. We were going to be staying 4 days. We only stayed one and a half days. We left in the middle of the night because my other daughter and my self got bitten also. We called them the next morning and was told that they would go check out the cabin. I got a call back that they couldn't find anything. They said that she must of gotten bit by a mosquito.

5  Thank cmh0328
Reviewed July 8, 2013

Just returned from a 4th of July weekend and we had a wonderful time. Travelling with the hubby and 3 little ones in a travel trailer. The campground was so clean. This was probably the busiest time of year yet it did not feel overcrowded. Plenty of space at the pool. We had snacks at the Tiki Bar which I truly enjoyed and appreciated. The value for the items was very good, good sized portions and tasty food (mostly burger, chicken, fries type of menu). Was able to enjoy an adult drink as well. Comfort stations clean. People were friendly. Mini golf. The game room was a bit disappointing but my kids didnt notice. Nearby to markets, gas, Tantillo's farm. Would definately return.

1  Thank mariecerv