“If you like low flying planes over your campsite every 20mins, then go here!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Gardiner
Yogi Bear's Jellystone Park Camp-Resort Gardiner
“If you like low flying planes over your campsite every 20mins, then go here!”
Reviewed August 12, 2013

My husband and I just came back from a 4 day weekend with our motorhome and grandkids. It was an interesting time! At first impression on a Thursday as we drove in we loved it, we loved our site, it was big and not on top of our neighbors. Beautiful grounds, 2 pools and snack bar, looks like lots of activity for my 5yr grandson and 12yr granddaughter to do! Then that night it rained, all night long and hard till the next morning. Then we realized we were surrounded by water all around with high raising water. As the campground isn't responsible for the weather but no one came to see if we were ok. So we managed to all get into our jeep to go to the office and inquire about our situation. We were told we were going to be ok and we were offered a different site, which both made us feel better and decided to stay as we were all hooked up and we would have to be in deep water to unplug from the electric outlet. 20 mins it stopped raining then the pool of deep waters receded! Then next day was beautiful weather but that's when we heard low flying planes were taking off near the campground and flying directly overhead every 20 mins with para gliders jumping out! One even landed in our campground by accident! The planes were very loud and started early morning until evening the whole
weekend! We were very disappointed as our relaxing weekend was ruined by this! This would have been a repeat place to go back if it wasn't for the small engine planes. I hope they can somehow change the path of these planes, it's a shame.

• Stayed August 2013
3 Thank Radiantcrystal

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Coventry, Connecticut
Reviewed August 1, 2013

I recently returned to this campground after camping here more than 15 years ago with my parents. This time around, my parents have their own trailer and I now brought my husband and three year old son. Very nostalgic being back and the campground is as great as I remember. The owners are very visible and clearly work extremely hard to make this a great destination. A few things have changed since I camped there in that more full hook up sites have been added, a newer pool and a Tiki Bar, all of which were a hit. My son LOVES "the bears" so having them so visible during our four day trip was fabulous.

The campground is very clean, well kept and minimal seasonal sites. We have found over the last year that the number of seasonal sites really defines a campground, so we found this a plus. Keep up the good work!

2 Thank MCL0519
Otisville, New York
Reviewed July 23, 2013

We rented a cabin . There was some type of bugs in the bed because my daughter got bitten up all on her arms and legs. We were going to be staying 4 days. We only stayed one and a half days. We left in the middle of the night because my other daughter and my self got bitten also. We called them the next morning and was told that they would go check out the cabin. I got a call back that they couldn't find anything. They said that she must of gotten bit by a mosquito.

5 Thank cmh0328
ny
Reviewed July 8, 2013

Just returned from a 4th of July weekend and we had a wonderful time. Travelling with the hubby and 3 little ones in a travel trailer. The campground was so clean. This was probably the busiest time of year yet it did not feel overcrowded. Plenty of space at the pool. We had snacks at the Tiki Bar which I truly enjoyed and appreciated. The value for the items was very good, good sized portions and tasty food (mostly burger, chicken, fries type of menu). Was able to enjoy an adult drink as well. Comfort stations clean. People were friendly. Mini golf. The game room was a bit disappointing but my kids didnt notice. Nearby to markets, gas, Tantillo's farm. Would definately return.

1 Thank mariecerv
Reviewed May 12, 2013 via mobile

Not too big, not too small, just right for a cozy camping trip. Friendly staff and fellow campers, bathrooms and showers where clean. It rained most of the weekend and we still had a great time. I do recommend.

• Stayed May 2013
2 Thank BIGGUNNER845
long island, ny
Reviewed September 21, 2012

We tried to get a late check out and was told we had to pay a full night rate. Since it was a Monday September 17 and no campers even coming in and more then half the sites being empty we couldn't believe it. We were with a group so we rented 4 sites and 1 cabin and they couldn't bend for 1 site to stay a little longer, pretty bad business on there part. We left at check out and will never go back.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
6 Thank Jay V
New York
Reviewed September 2, 2012

It's a beautiful campground. Awesome store- it has everything. The place is very clean and the cabins are very new and clean. Lots of fun stuff to do for kids . The skydiving nearby is very cool to watch. The snack bar is nice, The river is fun. Great fields to play on.
My only complaint is the condition of the men's room. Some really gross reports from my husband. I can not place blame on the camp owners. It is fellow campers that are gross. I saw the cleaning people in the bathroom constantly. But NO ONE should have to be cleaned up after to that extent. Really disgusting.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank Jeannine19
Also consider these accommodations in or near Gardiner
Minnewaska Lodge
#1 of 5 in New Paltz
Pinegrove Family Dude Ranch
HOME2 Suites by Hilton Middletown
Yogi Bear's Jellystone Park at Birchwood Acres
Yogi Bear's Jellystone Park at B...
#1 of 2 in Greenfield Park
Americas Best Value Inn - New Paltz

Been to Yogi Bear's Jellystone Park Camp-Resort Gardiner? Share your experiences!