$161
$197
Hotels.com
$169
$144
All reviewsadirondack chairsgreat roommohonk preserveyogurthard boiled eggshudson valleycommon roomshort drivecontinental breakfastthis past weekendeach morningcomfortable roomsfireplace
Reviewed January 24, 2011

All employees were friendly and knowledgable. The room was large, and nicely decorated with a comfortable king sized bed. The lodge is very close to area cross country ski trails. Breakfast was included and offered many healthy choices. Bathroom heat lamp a plus!

• Stayed: January 2011
Reviewed October 19, 2010

I was told that the Minnewaska Lodge was the best place to stay in the area and it was proven time & time again by the travelers who were begging for a room there after finding out how crappy their accommodations were. So with that said, it is definitely the best choice if you find yourself in the area. Run away from the crappy b&bs nearby!

With that said, I felt like the rooms were a bit pricey for what they were, but the place was well maintained & clean. It was also comfortable and inviting with an eager and helpful staff (well, except when we were leaving and no one offered to help us lug our bags down the stairs). There's no room service but there is a lovely German restaurant within walking distance.

My biggest complaint was the lack of hot water. The bathroom sink water never exceeded tepid and the shower water depending on if the neighboring rooms had recently showered.

I would still definitely recommend the Minnewaska if you are in the area. It's definitely your best choice.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank Budgje
Reviewed September 28, 2010

When I read negative reviews for Minnewaska Lodge it's obvious how little research people do before they travel, what were they expecting for such a reasonable price? The Waldorf? Sure the rooms are like a smaller Radisson room (which is not bad by my estimation) but most have outdoor space. If you want a mountain view it will cost a little more. When I come to this area it isn't to hang around the hotel, it's to get out and hike or enjoy the restaurants in New Paltz. I never heard my neighbors, but if that's your fear, get a room on the 2nd floor. The public spaces are fabulous, the breakfast is great, and the staff attentive. I've been back several times for business in New Paltz and it's very close.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank majordeegan
Reviewed July 25, 2010

For the price of the room, which adds 18% for service, I was extremely disappointed. The rooms are just regular. I think I would have gotten about the same at a Days Inn. The breakfast which is included is just cereal, yogurt, some hard boiled eggs. We could hear every creak from the room above. But, most disenchanting was the service itself. I had spoken with the Inn 2x before arriving about our rooms and rates. When I arrived, there was no record of it. Even the next day when I spoke directly to the person I had telephoned with, he had no recollection. We got things worked out - but then the next day checking out, the monies were confused again. And, now, checking my bank records, they still aren't right. For the cost, this is not what I expect at all. Save your pennies. Stay at a place that cares about customer service and will treat you better.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank Travelin_Jen
Reviewed July 11, 2010

Question: How do you take a beautiful setting and a nice property (with small rooms) and turn it into a regretful experience and/or “I will never come back to this place again review?”

Answer: Based on my experience at the Minnewaska Lodge, you quote guests a price that seems reasonable. Then at check out, you add on several layers of sales tax (roughly $30), and then add $20.00 to the bill for a “standard room” service charge (sales tax on both the room and the room service charge). The net result is, the guests pay $50.00 to $75.00 more for a room than the price they were told when they booked the reservation.

My guess is that this place will attract more class action attorneys than hikers in the years to come.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled on business