$179
$129
$125
Courtyard
Savings alert! 11% below average rates

The price you found is 11% lower than this hotel's average rate of $141/night.

All reviewsadirondack chairsgreat roommohonk preserveyogurthard boiled eggshudson valleycommon roomshort drivecontinental breakfastthis past weekendeach morningcomfortable roomsfireplace
Reviewed November 23, 2008

My wife and I were part of a large family group who were in the area for a wedding.
All our special needs were taken care of, the rooms were spacious, and every member of the staff was professional and understanding.

This is the kind of lodge you imagine the glitterati staying at when they are away from NYC or LA, only it was affordable.

This hotel gets my highest, unequivocal recommendation.

Reviewed November 18, 2008

My wife and I came up from Florida and stayed here for two nights while attending a wedding in the area. It was the middle of the Fall season, so the foliage and all of the scenery were beautiful. Be forewarned though that since this is a busy season, the price is high.

Our room was clean, spacious and comfortable with a small balcony and a great view. If you have a choice, take a room on the cliff side above the ground floor.

The staff was very friendly and accommodating.

The breakfast consisted of a buffet with a good selection of juices, rolls, pastries, fruit, cereals, yogurt, etc. No eggs, meats or pancakes, though. Coffee and tea are available all day. There is no other food, but we got some great sandwiches for the flight back at the deli next door.

Unfortunately we didn't have time to take advantage of the outdoor activities in the area, but apparently there is lots to do. If we were in the area, I'd have no hesitation about staying here again.

• Stayed: October 2008, traveled on business
Reviewed November 14, 2008

I stayed here 2 years ago and loved the place. However upon my return, I have found how the place has gone way downhill. I booked their only 1 bedroom suite (which isn't very large) Upon arrival, I wanted to relax and watch some tv in the living room. Only to find that the reception on the tv was nil. When I went to the front desk ( the person on duty was sound asleep behind the desk at 6:30 PM) I returned later only to be told "it's been like that for a long time, I don't why they didn't fix it. I can't help you? I was offered another room but since they only have 1 suite that didn't solve my problem. During the course of the evening it became obvious how much the room had deteriorated over the years and nobody bothered to repair anything. The refrigerator was noisy, the door didn't close properly and it was full of ice. It was unusable and my expensive cheese got ruined. The heating system was by far the worst ever in a hotel. I set the temp for 65 and the room quickly heated to 80 degrees. When I tried to put the fan or the ac on, it just kept blowing hot air. I attempted to open the windows to cool off the room, only to find screens hanging by a thread and the smell of a fireplace or wood burning stove filled the entire room with a disgusting odor. The walls were filthy and in desperate need of a paint job. The bathroom door did not lock. The pullout couch was not usable due to the fact that it was old as the hills and you would get springs in your back and were sleeping on a lumpy rock. Needless to say, I didn't sleep all night and my trip was ruined because I had to pack up and leave the next day. (This stay was supposed to be for 3 nights) When I checked out, the front desk didn't even offer me another room or any other compensation. The breakfast is a joke. The reviews that you read about the great breakfast in this hotel are a joke. Yes this place has a view but that is all they have. (only half of the rooms have a nice view) the other half face the parking lot. There is no fireplace in the lobby. And the lobby is miniscule. No restaurant on site. No pool, no hottub, no robes. But the price is high with a 10% service charge added to your bill. Which I think they have total nerve charging when you get NOTHING in return for it. Do yourself a favor. If you are staying in the New paltz area, find another hotel. This place is a dud.

• Stayed: November 2008, traveled as a couple
7  Thank tony9000
Reviewed August 29, 2008

Very lovely and very clean lodge quite close to New Paltz and Minnewaska State Park. Beautiful large property out back with a view of the mountains--they could easily fit a pool back there-- and woods for hiking. The room was very clean and nice, especially the bathroom; quality toiletries. Very tasty breakfast with fresh pastries, granola, fruit, etc. Nice fitness room.

However, for a family of our size (two adults, two teens) the rooms are rather small--your only choices are two full beds or one king size bed. A better destination for a couple or two friends. The front desk staff could be also be a bit friendlier and more helpful. All and all, though, this B&B is definitely recommended.

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled with family
Reviewed August 20, 2008

We had 15 family members stay at the Minnewaska Lodge for three nights in early August. We were in town for a wedding, and the folks at Minnewaska could not have been nicer. The rooms are spotless and bright and most have a small balcony. The Lodge is located in a beautiful location. (Get a room on the mountain side for a beautiful view.)

Breakfasts are simple but tasty... No hot food, but homemade pastries (delicious), granola, yogurts, good coffee

But it's the people who run the Lodge and those working the desk and throughout the facility that make it an even nicer place to stay. They were accommodating, helpful and gracious with our entire family.

My mother and father left behind a small bag in their room, and the Lodge forwarded it to their home in California within three days. The Lodge manager and staff would accept no payment for the shipping.

I would recommend the Lodge unconditionally.

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled with family