“Great place.”

Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
New Paltz, New York
“Great place.”
Reviewed March 12, 2012

Delicious food, good value, generous portions, friendly staff.

New York City, New York
“One of my favorites... and I'm a foodie. An excellent, casual, local standby that has maintained it's consitant quality”
Reviewed January 24, 2012

I wish Cafe Mio was open for dinner. The lunch/all day brunch menu is wonderful and I never grow old of my standby favorites on the menu (homemade corned beef and hash with eggs, the mio breakfast, and more) because there are always incredible specials to tempt me out of my auto-comfort zone. I love that they use local ingredients, especially the grass fed beef for burgers. A recent homemade chicken sausage was beyond outstanding. Is it bad to say their fries are awesome? Silly, but I often judge a place by their french fries... Regardless, it's a great casual place to go with a friend or family. They have beer, wine, and limited cocktails (sake,creative champagne-based drinks, etc) which is nice for brunch or just having lunch with a friend. Service has varied greatly, but seems to have come under control as of late. I really appreciate their involvement in the local community- a business that gives back- very commendable. Don't hesitate- go and enjoy!

• Visited January 2012
2 Thank Amy W
Gardiner, New York
“Best restaurant in the area”
Reviewed November 12, 2011

The Cafe Mio is a supreme delight for breakfast. You can get awesome french toast combinations but the breakfast wrap, served with fresh mixed greens, is a welcome change to the usual fare. Staff is a blast, sometimes overwhelmed but always friendly. Meals are well priced and the place feels like home. All those that don't think this is a great place, stay home and make more room for me.

• Visited November 2011
2 Thank sweir2
New York City, NY
“A Gem!!!”
Reviewed October 31, 2011

Cafe Mio is an ideal cozy lunch/brunch place. Located in NY State farm country the food is right from the farm and to your table. The service is casual, friendly and very knowledgeable. The dishes are interesting and satisfying! My family and I love this place!

• Visited October 2011
1 Thank Randi U
Modena, New York
“Mediocre fare with mixed identity...”
Reviewed May 29, 2011

The previously known 'Red Rooster' restaurant was a great hit but the replacement with Cafe Mio is a lacking match. We sat ourselves, no one cared to notice our arrival, we picked up a menu for ourselves & perused the fare. it was a good 8 or so minutes before a waitress approached us. The menu is a mishmash (which is also reflective in the unusual juxtaposition of the decor) of cuisine, burgers, falafel to seared tuna...it feels like it wants to be a restaurant but markets itself as a cafe. None the less the food was good, I chose the seared tuna (the top price pick at $12.95!), it arrived & looked splendid, I was very happy until I chewed on grizzly cut & it all went downhill. My partner had a burger & seemed happy, the fries were delicious & I couldn't resist to pinch a few from his plate! My personal feeling is it needs to specify its target market & keep it simple, we were disapointed there was little vegetarian options. I would also add a bit of pizazz or greenery to the interior, a single vase with a happy flower would suffice...any more grey in the decor & I would have started to feel it! I am a local, so I will return...I always try things more than once as often you get a welcome surprise!

• Visited May 2011

Been to Cafe Mio? Share your experiences!