“Best restaurant in the area”
Review of Cafe Mio

Cafe Mio
Ranked #2 of 11 Restaurants in Gardiner
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed November 12, 2011

The Cafe Mio is a supreme delight for breakfast. You can get awesome french toast combinations but the breakfast wrap, served with fresh mixed greens, is a welcome change to the usual fare. Staff is a blast, sometimes overwhelmed but always friendly. Meals are well priced and the place feels like home. All those that don't think this is a great place, stay home and make more room for me.

2  Thank sweir2

Reviewed October 31, 2011

Cafe Mio is an ideal cozy lunch/brunch place. Located in NY State farm country the food is right from the farm and to your table. The service is casual, friendly and very knowledgeable. The dishes are interesting and satisfying! My family and I love this place!

1  Thank Randi U
Reviewed May 29, 2011

The previously known 'Red Rooster' restaurant was a great hit but the replacement with Cafe Mio is a lacking match. We sat ourselves, no one cared to notice our arrival, we picked up a menu for ourselves & perused the fare. it was a good 8 or so minutes before a waitress approached us. The menu is a mishmash (which is also reflective in the unusual juxtaposition of the decor) of cuisine, burgers, falafel to seared tuna...it feels like it wants to be a restaurant but markets itself as a cafe. None the less the food was good, I chose the seared tuna (the top price pick at $12.95!), it arrived & looked splendid, I was very happy until I chewed on grizzly cut & it all went downhill. My partner had a burger & seemed happy, the fries were delicious & I couldn't resist to pinch a few from his plate! My personal feeling is it needs to specify its target market & keep it simple, we were disapointed there was little vegetarian options. I would also add a bit of pizazz or greenery to the interior, a single vase with a happy flower would suffice...any more grey in the decor & I would have started to feel it! I am a local, so I will return...I always try things more than once as often you get a welcome surprise!

Reviewed March 6, 2011

The food at Cafe Mio is excellent. The chef uses the finest ingredients from local farmers. His menu changes so there are always new items to try. I have never been disappointed. The cafe is lovely, the food beyond compare, and the friendliness makes you feel like you're at home.

2  Thank theber98
Reviewed November 11, 2009

I was fortunate enough to attend the opening of the new Cafe Mio. The new decor is beautiful. I especially like the built in booth at the front window. The food was unbelievable, not only the taste but also the presentation. This restaurant is a perfect addition to our area. Try it, I am sure you will agree!

1  Thank theber98

Been to Cafe Mio? Share your experiences!