“A wonderful dining experience”

Mountain Brauhaus Restaurant
Ranked #1 of 11 Restaurants in Gardiner
Cuisines: German
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed June 17, 2014

We just happened to come across this eating establishment while on a nice June mid-week drive.
The staff was so nice and the German decor is so ethnic and tasteful.
Our meals were wonderful..from the raisin pumpernickel breads to every item served from start to finish.
It brought back find memories of Germany that I visited 40 yrs ago.
The portions were generous as well was the excellent service by everyone on staff.

Don't miss this one if you are fan of fine German food. It will leave with a full tummy and fine memories.

1  Thank labrador47

Reviewed June 8, 2014 via mobile

We drove an hour to give this restaurant a try. When we got there we were greeted by a really friendly hostell who told us there would be am hour wait. So worth it!

We started with the corned beef strudel and Bavarian pretzel with mustard. Both were so good. If you are having beer the pretzel is a must have!

We had Sauerbraten for our main dish. It was incredible. The meat was so tender you could cut it with your fork. The portions are huge so I was only able to eat half. Leftovers were nicely packed to take home.

For dessert we had the German chocolate cake and apple strudel. Both were excellent.

Bottom line: It was 100% worth the drive and the wait. Already planning our next trip!

Reviewed June 5, 2014

I love sauerbraten with all the trimmings but very seldom have it as it is not available too often. I make it myself usually on rare occasions but it so mice to have someone else do the cooking. I have been going past this restaurant for years but every time I have already eaten, don't have the time to stop, wrong time of day and so on. But after kayaking in Bashakill Marsh, we were going by at lunchtime and I had worked up a ferocious appetite.
I started with a tall (22oz) Spaten Lager (I was thirsty too) and we were served the best pumpernickel bread (I bake bread and haven't made anything this good). After a salad, the sauerbraten came with potato dumplings and red cabbage. My gf got a knife for her schnitzel and I wondered why I didn't get one too. Well the meat was so tender I definitely didn't need one. Everything was delicious slightly surpassing how I make it. Looks like I will have to step up my game a notch. There was however one disappointment. As I was eating the next table got dessert...an apple strudel with a scoop of vanilla ice cream. It looked really, really good. After only finishing half my meal I was totally stuffed (had the remainder for supper) and there was no way I could even touch dessert. Bummer. Only encourages me to venture over that way again and perhaps start with dessert the next time.

Reviewed June 3, 2014

Sort of in the middle of nowhere. It's a casual restaurant with an extensive German menu, but also some other specialties. The Wiener schnitzel (veal) was pounded thin and covered the entire platter. It was nicely done and very tasty. The sauerbraten was obviously marinated for days, as it had an excellent taste all the way through, not just a sauce on top as some places do. They have quite few German beers on tap. We were there on a Saturday afternoon about 3 PM, and it was a good thing we had a reservation, as the place was hopping and had a waiting line. The service was excellent and the personnel were appropriately attired for a brauhaus. We'll definitely go back.

1  Thank Franz1957-61
Reviewed June 1, 2014

For the first time in years we found a truly great german food restaurant. I had the pretzel appetizer and my husband had the herring in cream sauce. We then had sauerbraten and wiener schnitzel. Both were excellent. The wait staff is attentive and goes out of their way to please. The atmosphere is lovely. I can't wait to go again.

1  Thank hereinny