All reviews polo lounge red door spa beautiful hotel long island patio bar red salt the penthouse the lower level turn down service train station room service rooms are spacious could not have been more new york king bed front desk staff the entire staff
Selected filters
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

From the incredibly friendly and helpful staff to Frette bathrobe and extra comfy bed, I loved every minute of my stay in Garden City. Dinner at David Burke's restaurant was delish. Craft cocktails at the "speakeasy" were excellent too. I was so impressed by how nice, efficient and welcoming the team there was. A great stay! I'll be back.

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple
GraceKoerner, Guest Relations Manager at Garden City Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Thank you for your feedback about your stay at The Garden City Hotel. I always say we have the finest hotel staff in the world (no bias, here!) - and based on your compliments and the compliments of many, many very satisfied guests - I am validated in my belief about our amazing team! In guestrooms of the most luxurious hotels in the world, Frette bathrobes are the ultimate indulgence and combined with the custom made for The Garden City Hotel "Luxe Dreams" pillow top mattress, a restful night's sleep is guaranteed! Dinner in Red Salt Room by David Burke is a "dining experience" brimming with the legendary Chef's culinary creations, and I'm pleased you enjoyed your "experience, as well as craft cocktails created by our master mixologists in The Rose Room, the hotel's steamy underground lounge - and quite different from anything you've ever experienced at The Garden City Hotel! Thank you again and we very much look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed 5 weeks ago

The $700 a night room was in the 2nd Floor with the view of a brick wall. There was no phone, some lights didn’t work, no shower fan. We were checked in 30 minutes late and in the morning when we asked to stay an extra hour to eat at their restaurant, we were given 30 minutes. Crazy, never again. It could have been a great getaway!

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Thank you for your feedback of your stay at The Garden City Hotel. I do apologize for the inconveniences you experienced during your visit. Please also know what occurred during your stay is the exception rather than the rule during a visit to The Garden City Hotel. If you decide to give us a second opportunity to prove ourselves to you, please call me directly at 516/887-9469 and I will be happy to handle your reservation. Also, if anything is not perfect for you on your next stay, please let us know immediately and we will do everything possible to remedy the situation while you are on property.

Reviewed June 10, 2019

We had a wonderful experience @ the King Bar Restaurant this past weekend.
Rachel was very accommodating and professional..along with your staff and server Emilis.

Lovely atmosphere, great service & delicious food highly recommend!!

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple

Thank you for feedback about your King Bar by David Burke experience. Chef David Burke has extremely high culinary and service standards and I am delighted our staff - especially Rachel and Emilis - were wonderful representatives of those standards throughout your evening. When conceptualizing our vision of King Bar,
at the top of the list were atmosphere, service and quality food. We felt we succeeded in achieving those goals and thank you for your acknowledgement of such. We look forward to your next visit to King Bar, as well as dinner in Red Salt Room by David Burke which is a dining experience unto itself!

Reviewed June 9, 2019

Two Garden City Hotel staff, Al (Angad) Lamba and Jonathan Fabietti, made it possible for me to arrive on time to a wedding/reception at the hotel and to be able to enjoy the entire evening with peace of mind. I can never thank them enough. THAT day, due to the Belmont Races and the LIRR sending more trains to the racing area, the LIRR Hempstead line was running only once every two hours, with "buses" to fill in the gaps, all of which I did not know until I checked with the LIRR late afternoon. I realized there was no time to get to Penn Station in NYC for the next Hempstead train to Garden City, and so the LIRR agent described an alternative subway route to pick up the Hemstead line further out. However, if I missed it, I would miss the wedding ceremony. I had been out all morning/afternoon doing errands in a warm/hot city, but now I was in Queens, and realized I had no time to "get ready as one "should" for a wedding. I grabbed my purse and got to the No. 7 subway as quickly as possible, but realized while on the subway to the Woodside/LIRR hub, my connections would be too late. I DECIDED, A LONG SHOT, TO CALL THE GARDEN CITY HOTEL AND SEE IF ANYONE COULD PULL A "RABBIT OUT OF THE HAT." After a phone transfer, I was talking to "Al," and he said immediately that he knew the local transportation options and what to do: "At Woodside, switch to the LIRR to Mineola (that is, forget the Hemstead line). At Mineola, take a taxi from the stand to us, the Garden City Hotel, which is only several minutes away by cab.”
It worked like a charm!! Instead of pursuing a train and a wedding ceremony I would surely miss, I arrived EARLY and HERE is why that was so important and how Jonathan came to help me so much. I had had NO chance to clean-up/change at home to be presentable to meet family and friends of the bride and groom. I was so concerned that people would experience me as "unpleasant" to sit next to or be at a table with--haven't we all had those experiences? I decided I would just sit in the back and then leave, not go to the two reception events. On arriving at the hotel front desk, I asked to thank Al, who had "gotten me there on time." But he had left. This gentleman, Jonathan, listened to my story, and when I asked if there was someplace I might "clean-up" a bit, I expected to be directed to a Ladies Room, knowing it would be insufficient to the task at hand, but something. Jonathan, diplomatic to a "T"...said. "Of course, we will do everything to help. If you feel you would like to shower, I think we can manage that for you." I stood there, amazed...Would they do that and how? I nodded with gratitude. He then escorted me to the indoor pool area (requiring a card key) and pointed to a generous-sized "changing room," where there was indeed a full shower with shower-chair, a bathroom, and fluffy towels. I could hardly believe my fortune brought by this generosity. For what reason, the pool was uninhabited by any guests and, in privacy, I was able to "go back to the future" and emerge fresh and confident to sit next to people and stay the whole evening, without worry of being ostracized by looks and heads turning for the wrong reasons! As I went upstairs from the pool area (and not leaving a malodorous trail behind me) to await the ceremony room to be opened, flutes of champagne were being offered, a perfect ending to the beginning of a perfect evening of wedding ceremony and celebration.

Room tip: Since I was at the hotel for an event, the questions above were not answerable.
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends

Thank you for your feedback about your adventure getting to The Garden City Hotel in time to enjoy (and be presentable!) at the wedding and reception you attended at The Garden City Hotel! Al and Jonathan are superstars and the epitome of the meaning of hospitality. I can't recall how many times they saved the day and amazed and dazzled guests with their service. Please know that, once again, I've shared accolades about them to management. They are wonderful ambassadors of the hotel and The Garden City Hotel knows how valuable they are to us and how lucky we are to have them at OUR Front Desk Thank you again!

Reviewed June 7, 2019 via mobile

This is an incredible first class hotel in the heart of beautiful Garden City! If you are looking for a high end stay on Long Island, look no further than the Garden City Hotel! The rooms are spacious, spotless, and impeccably decorated. The food is excellent and the grounds are gorgeous. The staff is very courteous and helpful. Highly recommend the Patio Bar, Rose Room speakeasy and Sunday Brunch!

Date of stay: June 2019
Trip type: Traveled as a couple

Thank you for your feedback and accolades about your stay at The Garden City Hotel. We strive to provide an amazing experience for all our guests and I am pleased to read we did just so for you! Our alfresco Patio Bar by David Burke is The place to meet and mingle with cocktails and small plates while enjoying the beautiful spring and summer weather. The hotel's underground lounge, The Rose Room, exudes steamy and is totally different from anything ever before at the hotel. Finally, Sunday Brunch at The Garden City Hotel is quite the extravaganza and you must come hungry because you certainly will not leave that way! Thank you, again for your amazing feedback and we look forward to your next visit to The Garden City Hotel.