“Horrible!” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Garden City
Knightdale, North Carolina
“Horrible!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2014 via mobile

We just had our family reunion this past weekend and the front desk people were the rudest, meanest people we've ever encountered staying in a hotel. We were first dismissed for quotes we received over the phone months ago. We let that go. When asked if we could used our military and AAA discounts because of our military family members and AAA, but was told that they didn't accept it even though the hotel website and location says they do take them. Our shower head was broken and moldy and the tub was filled with water when we first got in the room. When we had our meet and greet in the hospitality room there was a high school reunion or something in the hospitality room next door. The front desk people told us to be quiet because they were having something next door to use. Here's the issue, we weren't loud at all so I guess they told us on a need to know bases, and the people next door were super loud because they were in there hospitality room and in the common area talking and drinking. I would NOT recommend anyone going to this place. Go to the hotel next door! Considering the large amount of business we brought in you would think they would be at least nice to use.

• Stayed July 2014
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 3 of 5 stars
2 Thank mrswelchjr
JRosanio, General Manager at Hampton Inn Garden City, responded to this review, October 1, 2014
Thanks for taking the time out to complete our Trip Advisor survey. Please accept my apologies for the problems you issued with our staff. We usually get very good comments on our team,hotel and location. I will certainly pass your comments on to your team so we could only improve in the future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
West Hempstead, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2014

Great location and rooms were large, clean and comfortable. Good restaurants nearby and right next to the Galleria which just opened. Great shopping, good buys, also Roosevelt Field is just two blocks away.

• 4 of 5 stars
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you for taking the time out to complete our Trip Advisor survey. I'm delighted you enjoyed your stay and our hotel prides itself on it's location to the many restaurants and shopping areas.
Albany, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2014

This Hampton Inn is very easy to find when exiting the highway. It is located in a quiet area with little to no roadway noise. The desk clerk is very courteous , helpful and polite. Whenever I am in the area I will be staying at the Garden City Hampton inn.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thanks for taking time out to complete our Trip Advisor survey. I'm delighted our staff treated you well and that you'll return the next time you're in our area.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2014

I had my wedding this past Saturday. This hotel was a major surprise! Everything was super clean! My kids even got to enjoy the enclosed pool for a little fun time the day before the wedding! The staff was very friendly and accomodating from the moment we walked in. The entire staff went beyond expectations. Housekeeping kept everything heavly stocked for us. They even provided beautiful buckets for us to place 6 bouquets in! it was more than what i expected. They made my day so comfortable. Everyone from Management, Frontdesk to housekeeping, i believe there was a VERY helpful houseman as well. Very pleased and happy BRIDE!! I would definatly recomend this hotel!

1 Thank Natalie R
Thank you so much for taking the time to complete our Trip Advisor survey. I'm glad the staff did everything they could to make your special day even better. We always appreciate the great comments and hope you will consider staying with us again the next time you are in the Garden City NY area
houston, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2014

I stayed in this hotel due to location. I wasn't expecting much from the hotel to begin with. I was in town for my engagement party on Saturday July 12, 2014. First of all, it is a great location and I had no idea until we reached there. Plenty of restaurants and stores nearby. The hotel was super clean and the front lobby personnel were really nice….i felt like i was still in Texas because they had that southern hospitality which i'm not used to in the north (forgive me if I am being stereotypical). I'm just saying the people here were really really nice. The housekeeping was extremely nice as well. Breakfast was good but if you want other options there are restaurants and diners nearby. The rooms were always clean and the bed was so very comfortable. I had no problems going to sleep. Bathroom was immaculate. I love this hotel. I really hope it doesn't change.

2 Thank Nisha A
JRosanio, General Manager at Hampton Inn Garden City, responded to this review, July 20, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to complete our Trip Advisor survey. It's our location and staff that helped our hotel earn the 2014 Trip Advisor Certificate of Excellence award. Thank you again for the great comments and look forward to seeing you the next time you are in the Garden City NY area
Olympia, Washington, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2014

There doesn't seem to be enough superlatives in my vocabulary to adequately sing the praises of this hotel and the wonderful staff who works there. This was probably the most enjoyable hotel stay we have had, thanks to the great people there.
We arrived after our red-eye flight several hours before check-in time and were greeted by Naman, Frank, and Matteo. They made us welcome, inviting us to enjoy the breakfast which were weren't actually entitled to and to make ourselves at home in the lobby/breakfast area. Since the hotel had been full the previous night there were no vacant rooms at that time but Frank assured us they would do their best to get us settled as soon as possible and they did a few hours later. Frank stopped by a few times to assure us they were working on our room and he even took us up to preview a room to make sure it was what we needed and we ended up in our room long before the official check in time. We had talked to Matteo a couple times in
the weeks prior to our arrival to sort out details of our stay and he was always extremely courteous and helpful.
Throughout our week long stay the entire staff was extremely pleasant, friendly, and accomodating to our needs. Tiffany at the front desk stands out in many ways. One member of our group was assaulted in Penn Station our first day in town and was left bruised
and very sore. Tiffany never failed to ask her how she was feeling each and every day she saw us. One day our son-in-law got an extremely warm Dr Pepper out of the vending machine, Tiffany replaced it but had no Dr Pepper so she replaced it with a
cola, but the next morning at breakfast she brought him an ice cold Dr Pepper, possibly from her own refrigerator. Naman was also quick to greet us whenever we were in the lobby and very helpful with restaurant suggestions and transportation arrangements.
Lisa Marie on the graveyard shift was also a breath of fresh air, extremely friendly and accomodating, although we were very seldom up late enough to see her.
When we arrived home we found a phone message from Mandy informing us that housekeeping had found 2 rings in our room after we had checked out. They belonged to our granddaughter. When we called to arrange their return, Tiffany first asked about the
injuries from the Penn Station incident, then arranged to send the rings.
Our room was always extremely clean and well made up thanks to Rosa and the other very pleasant staff in housekeeping The morning complimentary breakfasts were very good and the breakfast area was neat and tidy thanks to Jorge and the other staff in that area.
A very nice swimming pool which we had to ourselves every time we decided to use it. They only need a hot tub to make the experience perfect.
The entire property was clean and neat and were kept that way throughout our stay. Our room was your basic hotel room, two queen beds, desk, flat screen TV. It did have a microwave and regrigerator which was quite nice because we did bring home leftovers a couple times. Every employee, not just the ones mentioned above, were extremely friendly, courteous, and
helpful. We were in town for a wedding, when we return as we most likely will, I can think of no reason to look elsewhere for a hotel. The Hampton Inn Garden City has it all, mostly they have Frank, Naman, Tiffany, Matteo, Lisa Marie, Jorge, Rosa, and a lot of other very wonderful people who will make you feel like you are staying with your best friends or relatives.

1 Thank Robert S
Wow!!!! What great comments about our hotel. I always knew we had the finest staff in the area but I am extremely pleased and proud with how our staff treated all of you during your stay. I will see to it personally that I bring this to the attention of all the team members you mentioned but the entire staff as well.
Thank you so much for noticing our great team and sharing your stay with the rest of the world.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2014

I stated that the Hampton Inn Garden City for a family wedding. My stay was very comforable. I had a great room and the staff was exceptional. They were also very helpful with cabs from the train station and the best train to take when I called. I would recommend this hotel to friends.

• 4 of 5 stars
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you for taking the time to complete our Trip Advisor survey. I'm delighted the staff treated you well but even more excited you will pass on your experience to others. They say word of mouth advertising is the most powerful form of Sales and I really appreciate your comments.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Garden City
Viana Hotel & Spa
Viana Hotel & Spa
#1 of 4 in Westbury
4.5 of 5 stars 593 reviews

Been to Hampton Inn Garden City? Share your experiences!