Hampton Inn Garden City
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Long Island Marriott(Uniondale)
  • Pool
Garden City Hotel(Garden City)
  • Pool
All reviewslong islandcoffee and teacomplimentary breakfastcountry roadeasy accessnew yorkconvenient locationgreat shoppingwafflesindoor poolclean roomsbusiness centercarle placethe breakfast areafitness centerroosevelt fieldbed was comfortable
FilterAll languages
Reviewed July 31, 2013

Spacious breakfast area and well organized. It was very busy every morning of my stay and the food was alwys full and replenished very quickly. The hotel gives complementary cookies at night which are delicious and are freshly made !!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
JRosanio, General Manager at Hampton Inn Garden City, responded to this reviewResponded August 9, 2013

Thank you so much for completing our Trip Advisor survey Melissa. I'm delighted that you enjoyed the breakfast. It takes special people to keep that area going at all times. Approximately 92% of our guests do have our complimentary breakfast so keeping up with the operation is not always easy especially on weekends when most guests come to the area between 9am-10am.
I hope you wil consider us again the next time you are in the Garden City NY area.

Reviewed July 30, 2013

I found a few problem areas during my stay. I felt that the orange juice brand needs to be replaces. I don't like Tang. Tropicana or MM would be good replacements. Trays would have been helpful to carry your DIY breakfast back to your table. I was looking for a copy of Newsday. I had to go to the local 7/11 and buy the paper. Rooms need ceiling fans with lights to brighten the dark rooms if you really have to do some serious business. With doors banging at all hours the rooms were noisy. Handicap bars need to be added to the back end of the shower plus add another soap dish to that end also.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you for taking the time to complete our Trip Advisor survey. Please accept my apologies for the issues you had during your stay and at the same time allow me to explain. The OJ in the breakfast area is actually Minute Maid OJ and not Tang. We wrere having some problems with the way the machine was diluting the juice so maybe that's the reason for the different taste. The machine is operating properly now. We do carry a few trays in our breakfast area but may have ran out. Either way it's our fault for not having it available. Ceiling fans are usually not standard at Hamptons but we will have new lighting by the end of the year. The grab bars in the bathroom are also a standard and our showers and tubs are fully equipped with additional bars in our ADA rooms.
I hope you will give us another opportunity to serve you the next time you are in the Garden City Ny area

Reviewed July 27, 2013

Very helpful and friendly, the hampton inn staff does make you feel like VIP guest. Front desk agents did their best to accomodate my needs. hampton inn has a free buffet breakfast, good quality and has a large selection.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
JRosanio, General Manager at Hampton Inn Garden City, responded to this reviewResponded September 5, 2013

Thank you for taking the time out to complete our Trip Advisor survey. I'm delighted that the staff treated you well. As you know it's not easy to find good people and we are lucky to have the team we have in place.

Reviewed July 26, 2013

I would recommend this hotel, or any in the Hampton Inn chain. A great value! The complimentary breakfast is an added bonus. Everything has been updated in the hotel. The lobby is beautiful, rooms are cleanm food is good and the location is excellent.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you so much for completing our Trip Advisor survey. It's always a pleasure to hear great comments about our hotel and staff. I'm glad you enjoyed your stay and we hope to see you again the next time you are in the Garden City NY area.

Reviewed July 22, 2013

Overall the hotel was pretty good. The room and bathroom were very clean. TV Remote was not in working order for 2 days & pool was not able to be used. The complimentary breakfast was ok, but meat was not provided very often. The location was great, since our daughter will be starting college nearby, and that is the reason we were there.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you for taking the time out to complete our Trip Advisor survey. I'm glad you enjoyed your stay but apologize for the remote control not working for 2 days. This is something our Housekeeping staff should have caught while cleaning the room. I look forward to you returning to the property whenever you come visit your daughter.