“NOISE !!!!”

Hampton Inn Garden City
Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Garden City
Reviewed February 24, 2013

NEVER , EVER Accept room 142 next to the breakfast room and common area. It was noisy ! Terrible ! Kids running around at 11:00 pm , TV blaring . Saw a dad dragging a kid by his leg down the hallway through the peephole. My nattress was so worn it almost sagged to the floor. If you're a business traveler - steer clear.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
JRosanio, General Manager at Hampton Inn Garden City, responded to this reviewResponded February 26, 2013

Please accept my apologies for the noise areound room 142. With this room being so close to the lobby area the noise should have been monitored by our Front Desk personnel. As for parents grabbing their children, unfortunately we have no control over that but we can say something if and when we see something. I certainly plan on sharing your comments with my team as well. We don't usually get complaints from our ground floor rooms and our hotel does run at 90% occupancy.
Thank you for the feedback and I will pass this on to my team

Reviewed February 21, 2013

Great new amenities, this hotel is brand new. the rooms are cleaned and have that new smell. and great location. You can go to all the restaurants by car or even walk to the new mall. Close to shopping. The location is the best, you are close to parkway exist. This makes for easy access to all other highways and airports.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
JRosanio, General Manager at Hampton Inn Garden City, responded to this reviewResponded February 22, 2013

Thank you so much for the great comments and I'm so glad you enjoyed your stay with us. I hope so much you will stay with us again the next time you are in the Garden City NY area

Reviewed January 28, 2013

My wife and I stayed here for over two months courtesty of FEMA and Hurricane Sandy. Our
home was severely damaged and it is still not fully repaired. The people who run this hotel
are compassionate and bent over backwards to accomodate us. We really felt like a part of
their "family". Everyone from housekeeping to the front desk went way out of their way to make
us happy during a very stressful time. Our room was always clean, our many faxes were
always sent out at no cost and the complimentary cookies every evening were most appreciated.
Breakfast every morning was great and the hotel itself is located within two minutes of everything.
In summary, this is a modern hotel in a great location with a staff that really cares. I say STAY THERE.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank roseboy
JRosanio, General Manager at Hampton Inn Garden City, responded to this reviewResponded January 30, 2013

Wow. Thanks so much for the great comments about our hotel. I know it was tough for everyone right after the storm but it has (and still is) been a pleasure accommodating guests staying here with FEMA. I will certainly post your comments in all areas of our hotel. The Management team consistently praises the staff and it's always nice when we get these comments from guests.

Reviewed January 27, 2013

Hello Guys! This is the Hotel that we lodged on and IT WAS SURELY DIFFICULT TO FIND...It is hidden and please do not use that address 1 North Ave if you have a GPS, Call the Hotel or go online to obtain the compatible registered address. The breakfast was Great! It was a nice healthy breakfast with a variety of yogurts, teas, etc....VEry well kept hotel, BUT DAM IT WAS HARD GETTING THERE DUE TO THOSE HIDDEN SIGNS!

I would NOT STAY again at this Hotel.

Room Tip: Very hidden Hotel due to the tiny Street Signs....MAnagement should invest several dollars on this,
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
JRosanio, General Manager at Hampton Inn Garden City, responded to this reviewResponded January 28, 2013

Please accept my aplogies for having trouble finding our hotel. Unfortunately it a challenge that our hotel has no control over but to provide as much information to our guests as possible. There are 2 North Avenues in the Garden City area so many times the GPS will take you to a residential area. We do communicate to our guests in our website and computerized confirmations that if using a GPS they should use 700 North Ave. We also explain our location (1/4 mile East of the Meadowbrook Pkwy) hoping that will help since the residential direction is on the other side of town.

Reviewed January 26, 2013

Located centrally with some good shopping malls, restaurants and popular stores near by. The staff is very helpful and nice. The rooms are nice and clean and overall the amenties are good. The pool could have been better.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business

Thanks so much for taking the time to complete a survey with Trip Advisor. I'm delighted that our staff was accommodating and that you enjoyed your stay. You mentioned that our pool could have been better. We are always looking to improve and would liek to hear of ways we can improve this area. Overall our guest scores are good as far as 'pool experience' goes. Our pool area is a large room so the chlorine smell is not as strong as in most hotels.

Reviewed January 22, 2013

This property is well kept and clean. Check-in was a bit long with only one person working, but no big deal. I was given an option as to where I wanted my room, which rarely happens. Free coffee and fruit throughout the day was a nice touch. I would have appreciated a better chair/couch/something in the room. The bed was extremely comfortable, the TV selection fine, and the shower warm, all of the most important attributes in my mind. Breakfast in the morning had a variety of options, including decent coffee. All in all, I've paid less for other hotels in Garden City with similar amenities. If the price is commensurate I'll probably pick this one, but I wouldn't pay significantly more than the other hotels.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
JRosanio, General Manager at Hampton Inn Garden City, responded to this reviewResponded January 23, 2013

Thank you for completing the Trip Advisor survey. I'm glad you enjoyed your stay with us. We are planning on replacing the guest room furniture this year and apologize for the condidtion of the furniture in your room. Our hotel does stay competitive with other hotels. Our rates are slightly higher than last year as the demand in the area has increased and we still are accommodating displaced families from Hurricane Sandy.
Again, thank you for staying with us and I hope you will consider staying with us again.

Reviewed January 22, 2013

I was visiting friends in Garden City and this was such a centrally located hotel it was perfect. Lots of shoping for the wife great restaraunts nearby. The roooms were clean and the beds were very comfortable. The place was very busy so the hallways weren't as clean as I expected. The front desk was very friendly and helpful. My wife did not like the shower only bathroom. She really wanted to take a bath and couldn't. Overall it was a nice place and I would stay again if I were in the area.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple

Thank you so much for the great comments. I'm sorry our room did not have a bath tub in it. All our rooms with king beds have showers and our rooms with 2 queen beds have tubs. Again, I'm delighted the staff treated you well and look forward to seeing you the next time you are in the area.
Thanks again

2 mi away
Garden City Hotel
Garden City Hotel
#1 of 4 in Garden City

Been to Hampton Inn Garden City? Share your experiences!