“Loved it!!!”

Waterzooi Belgian Bistro
Reserve with OpenTable
Waterzooi Belgian Bistro is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 131 Restaurants in Garden City
Cuisines: Belgian, French, Seafood
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Stewart Ave
Transit: Within walking distance of the LIRR Garden City train station.
Reviewed May 30, 2013

We have been here a few times now and it just keeps getting better! I am not a beer drinker myself but my husband and our friends are and they rave about the selection of beers every time we go. The service is great the food is better. My personal favorite is the Thai mussels, so good! Huge portions as well, enough to share. I would highly recommend this place. We haven't been disappointed yet.

1  Thank HCK_4

Reviewed May 26, 2013

What a great place to get ANY type of mussels preparation you can imagine. Seats are a bit uncomfortable but the mussels are yummy. Upbeat type of fun place to go.

2  Thank giftgal2
Reviewed May 22, 2013

After a weekend working in the Northport area, 4 of us decided to stop at Waterzooi on the way back to JFK. Since we had very late flights, we were not in any hurry. We arrived around 5pm without reservations and were seated immediately. The staff was very friendly and accommodating. Our waiter was very patient and took the time to explain the menu and suggested beer pairings. Being very hungry, I ordered one of the mussel pots. These were the freshest, plumpest mussels I have ever eaten. I actually finished the entire portion, which is very large. We ordered the sweet potato gnocchi to share, which were outstanding. If you like mussels, this is the place. I will definitely be coming back when I am in the vicinity.

1  Thank larn796
Reviewed May 19, 2013 via mobile

What a great, relaxed place. The mussel pots were expensive (between $20-$30) but there were so many varieties and they were huge. 3 of us couldn't finish it! The mussels come with fries and then we ordered some mini burgers which were delicious and some Belgium beers. Such a unique dining experience, highly recommend! Then you can go walk around the cute shops after!

1  Thank ICanBeCritical
Reviewed May 10, 2013

I go to Waterzooi all the time for dinner. The only thing I've ever gotten is the lobster fondue. It's so good...I can never order anything else! As for their other food, whoever goes with me loves it.

1  Thank teachnyc9