“Chill place to get mussels and Belgium beer with friends!”

Waterzooi Belgian Bistro
Reserve with OpenTable
Waterzooi Belgian Bistro is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 130 Restaurants in Garden City
Cuisines: Belgian, French, Seafood
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Stewart Ave
Transit: Within walking distance of the LIRR Garden City train station.
MidWest
“Chill place to get mussels and Belgium beer with friends!”
Reviewed May 19, 2013 via mobile

What a great, relaxed place. The mussel pots were expensive (between $20-$30) but there were so many varieties and they were huge. 3 of us couldn't finish it! The mussels come with fries and then we ordered some mini burgers which were delicious and some Belgium beers. Such a unique dining experience, highly recommend! Then you can go walk around the cute shops after!

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank ICanBeCritical

New York
“Love the fondue!”
Reviewed May 10, 2013

I go to Waterzooi all the time for dinner. The only thing I've ever gotten is the lobster fondue. It's so good...I can never order anything else! As for their other food, whoever goes with me loves it.

• Visited March 2013
1 Thank teachnyc9
West Hempstead, New York
“Just what the doctor ordered”
Reviewed April 22, 2013

Went as part of group of 4. Table was ready for us at the reserved time and no problem delaying until we had cocktails first at the bar. They serve complimentary mussels and fries for the bar patrons. Be advised - these are the best fries (crispy and hot) that I've had in many months and I couldn't wait to order them at the table.
Waitress was attentive and knowledgeable and took time to explain everything on the menu to us; thankfully, she also had a sense of humor.
Everybody's choices were as advertised (scrumptious)and we left 4 clean plates.
Desserts were fab too.
Will definitely return and will be happy to recommend Waterzooi
We will return

• Visited April 2013
2 Thank Hugh M
frederick, maryland
“A gastronomic treat and professional service!”
Reviewed April 13, 2013

One of the hallmarks of a great restaurant is a server who knows and enjoys the food and can guide you through a delightful taste experience - Lauren M. was exactly such a professional and four of us had a most enjoyable dinner treat at Waterzooi! She helped us identify the components of the food, steer us to great choices, and helped us select our belgian beer adventure. For my main dish, I had to have mussels and went with the white wine, lemon zest, bread crumb, garlic version - a completely satisfying course that took me back to a taste memory of a similar white wine moules in Ostend, Belgium, more than 20 years ago. I asked for asparagus in place of the frites, and this place definitely knows how to prepare asparagus - superb. Friends at the table sampled the burger with foie gras and the nut encrusted halibut - both excellent! For beer, I had a Trappist tripel, Chimay blue, and a Delirium Tremens - each was a flavorful meal in itself, and each was correctly served, Belgian style, in a glass designed for that beer brand. I never drink beer, except when I have an opportunity for Belgian beer - it was absolutely delightful! I want to come back soon and try their waterzooi dish and work my way through the rest of this menu.

• Visited April 2013
1 Thank fred200099
New York City, New York
“Mussel Mania!!”
Reviewed March 31, 2013

You HAVE to go here for the mussel mania. It is $19 for a 3 course meal with your choice of mussels. The mussels are very fresh and flavorful. The french fries are just ok that come with the meal. They also have a great selection of beers that compliment the mussels well.
The service is great and very friendly. I have been here twice in the past few weeks, and will be back!

• Visited March 2013