“Good Place To eat, relax and have a cocktail.”
Review of Houston's - CLOSED

Houston's
Cuisines: American
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed April 28, 2013

Solid choice for a romantic dinner with your loved one. My favorite dish is the ribs they fall right off the bone. Their fries are awesome thinly sliced like shoe string and always very crisp. The atmosphere is dimly lit and comfortable seating. They have an attentive staff and great wine list you really can't go wrong here.

2  Thank H S

Reviewed April 18, 2013

Houston's probably has the best trained staff on Long Island. I wish the menu was a little larger with more choices of more savory food. We have eaten there many times but we have run out of choices and go there less frequently. The" Don't Miss" for artichoke lovers is the grilled artichoke with a savory dip. The house salad is always dependable and the cocktails well prepared and large. This is a reasonably priced restaurant with a nice atmosphere (in a large shopping mall) and good food that does not take long term reservations

3  Thank Robert K
Reviewed April 13, 2013

we enjoyed the salads & appetizers...French dip was very good. Our waiter was very attentive and helpful.

1  Thank AnnieZee
Reviewed March 6, 2013

You can always count on the filet mignon and baked potato. Yum. This was my second lunch at this Houston's location and the second time I ordered the house salad - which I have often in the NJ location. Unfortunately, this time - as well as the first - the house salad seemed like recycled greens. Not so fresh. In NJ the salad is always fresh. Twice it was not so fresh here. The rest of the meal was great. Service was very friendly. I would go again but not order the house salad at this location.

2  Thank KatMom419
Reviewed February 27, 2013

Overall the restaurant was average. If you are in from out of town and want a descent restaurant to eat at its ok. A little over priced...chicken fingers and very very very skinny french fries were about $22. My husband had two gin and tonics...@ $12 a piece, but hey we were in NY perhaps thats the going rate. Thought it would be a little cheaper outside of the city. VERY busy on a Sunday night. Would I recommend to a friend? Only if there were no other options. Not bad or good, just average.

2  Thank natinmd