“Pretty good Cuban”

Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
“Pretty good Cuban”
Reviewed February 18, 2013 via mobile

Coming from a Cuban this was the closest to authentic other than Cuban in Miami. The wait was longer than we were told at the desk but once seated the pork, the Cuban sandwich and the tres leches were all delicious. The mojito was perfect! The beans weren't the best ( not made in house for sure) but not bad with the rice. Platanos were also perfect.

New York
“Good Food, Friendly people and music”
Reviewed February 2, 2013

I have eaten here several times and have always had excellent service and good food. I had the Roast Pork Mofongo which was my favorite but have also had the Skirt Steak which is excellent. The Cuban Appetizer Sampler is also good to try as it gives you a taste of many things so if there is a favorite you can order it separately. I have not tried any of their sandwiches. Desserts are OK with the flan being the best. I would eat here again.

• Visited January 2013
New York
“Tasteless Food”
Reviewed February 1, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I love Cuban food. Unfortunately not this place though. The food was overpriced as well as tasteless. Bland is an undertatement. We ordered the empanadas sampler. 3 tiny empanadas, one shrimp,one chicken and one beef. We couldn't tell them part, they all tasted the same. UGH! the $40.00 pitcher of Sangria is not worth it. You get a Half bottle of cheap wine with a lot of sweetener, mounds of ice and fruit. I ordered the grouper. It says it was pan seared. Well how about pan burnt. The beans and rice were even tasteless. How in the world do thy call this Cuban food? Where is the spice, the kick, the TASTE? The food was so bad I had to get the manager, who got the general manger, who got the chef. I expressed my concerns about the food. They did take off the price of my grouper, but no other offer was made especially after I told them I would never come back. Do yourselves a favor stay away from this overpriced dump. Drive to Forest Hills and get some fabulous Cubn food at Cabana where it is worth every penny.

1 Thank Randeeb1118
NY
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Food was tasteless.”
Reviewed January 26, 2013

On the weekend there is an almost three hour wait. This is ridiculous. You have to stand at the bar and there are no chairs available either. You think if you waiting for that long they would even comp you some bar chips. Not. The food was tasteless it looks good but on e you start eating it it lacks all the Cuban flavored. Very bland. I went back there on a off night the same week. He wait was twenty minutes. The service was so poor as we ha to keep calling our waiter for even utensils. Her name was shantelle. The food was still so bland And tasteless. It's good to go have drinks and the ambiance is nice. By that's about it.

1 Thank sheets30
New York City, New York
“Quality of food is GREAT!”
Reviewed January 26, 2013

I have always been a big fan of Havana Central, so I was beyond thrilled that they were coming to Long Island. The first time I went, was the first day they opened, and I have absolutely no complaints. The second time I went was two weeks ago on a Friday night. If you go on a Friday or Saturday night, be prepared to wait at least 45 mins. In addition, make sure that your cell phone works well in that area because that is how they inform you that your table is ready.
Food is de- lish, I always get the Mofungo with shrimp and the drinks are amazing. Sangria made fresh at your table.