“Great brand, poor experience”
Review of Capital Grille

Capital Grille
Reserve with OpenTable
Capital Grille is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #4 of 131 Restaurants in Garden City
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Roosevelt Field Mall - Old Country Road & Ring Road
Reviewed April 2, 2014

Had the opportunity to host an event at the capital grille in early April and was disappointed with the service. For the last 30 months I have traveled around the country hosting events at different steak joints and have never had any issues with the events person. Here there was a constant tension in the air and miscommunication from the start. Sara, the event planner, was unresponsive to the amount of money that we were spending and was less than accommodating to our request to change our order for a personal order after the completion of our event. Even though I was paying for the whole thing.

There are plenty of good restaurants in the area, and maybe this was just a fluke, but I am reluctant to host another event here. Good luck to you if you do...

1  Thank creece007
There are newer reviews for Capital Grille

Reviewed March 26, 2014

Didn't expect much since this restaurant is attached to the mall. I was very surprised at how nice it was inside. The food was amazing. This is a great steakhouse, not your typical outback place. Staff is very friendly and makes you feel at home. Its a bit expensive but absolutely worth it once you taste your food. Amazing.

Reviewed February 16, 2014

Just had a post valentine dinner there with my wife and grown son. weather was bad on Valentines day So we stayed In, But because it was a Valentines day weekend we were able to get together and Go out in style on sunday Night. The Capital Grille has something for every one. Upscale and elegant. my wife had her Alaskan Crab legs and me and my son Had the Porter house steak. excellent Au gratin potatoes and wedge salad. excellent service, prompt and courteous. RSVP online easy and convenience. Don't drink but wine choice seem good. Bill came to 200.00 left 32.00 dollar tip. kind of pricey for food and Soda but i don't go Upscale often and this was a Special Enough Occasion. Would always Go again. Steak was tender and Obviously aged properly.

Reviewed January 6, 2014

The steaks were good, not the best I ever had. Maybe should have gotten medium because the medium well left the outside too burnt but the inside pink yet not that juicy for our porterhouse. Good sides and wine recommendations. Service was almost perfect except for waiting on the credit card - wife had enough time to get coats, car from valet, and come back inside before I find and wave my card for the waitress.

Reviewed January 2, 2014

This resturant treats you like roalty from the moment you walk in. The food is absolutely fresh and delicious. I took my staff there for our holiday lunch and they were blown away. The $18 lunch deal is the best in town for this upcale steakhouse. Save room for the Coconut Cream Pie for dessert, it is a must!!!!