“Classy, Special, Delicious”
Review of Capital Grille

Capital Grille
Reserve with OpenTable
Capital Grille is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #3 of 131 Restaurants in Garden City
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Roosevelt Field Mall - Old Country Road & Ring Road
Reviewed February 19, 2013

We just celebrated our 27th anniversary, I can't say enough how pleasant the experience was. I made the reservation via open table and requested a nice table for our 27th anniversary. The hostess' greeted us with a "happy anniversary", our table was decorated with a heart made from rose pedals, a happy anniversary card from the corporation was on our table, we received a complimentary glass of champagne and a long stem rose. Desert was served on a platter with "Happy 27th Anniversary" written in chocolate. Our waiter Luis was very pleasant, he took pictures for us, he was knowlegable of the menu and the decor which is local oriented. Loved the spaciousness of the restaurant, the tables are not on top of each other. Parking is crazy at Roosevelt Field take advantage of their complimentary valet parking. Oh and the food was yummy. A little pricey for us on a regulat basis (although I would love to) this is a perfect place for a special event. I can't wait to celebrate something else!

2  Thank RedheadedMenace

Reviewed February 19, 2013

I don't know why they selected this location as Capital Grille is so upscale. If you don't want to valet which we didn't it was very hard to find parking as the restaurant is next to a movie theater & 3 other busy restaurants. That said I really enjoyed dining here. This was a continuation of my Valentine's celebration this year & I was not disappointed! The service from the hostess to the coat check to the wait staff was top notch. Our watier, Michael, was excellent! He took note of our names & knew the menu well. The bread basket they give you is huge & Michael brought us Potato Leek Soup on the house. We both opted for steak, I had Filet Oscar & he had the Dry Aged Sirloin; we enjoyed a side of Grilled Asparagus with Lemon Mosto. The steaks were very good but Frank's Steaks makes a beter Filet Oscar. For dessert we shared Creme Brulee which was scrumptous! The Pinot Noir was delicious but overpriced at $18 a glass. The atmosphere was classy & romantic; I definitely recommend Capital Grille for a special occaision.

1  Thank MaCherie908
Reviewed February 14, 2013

The hostess was great and we were seated right away. Our waiter was well aquaintted with the menu and was very attentive. The wine was so good. But now for the food. The fried calamari appetizer wasn't crispy and tasted like flour. The raw oysters were good. The wedge of lettuce was one of the smallest I've ever had with blue chees tomatoes and burnt bacon. The lamb chops were excellent. The chef special delmonico steak was cooked to perfection but the balsamic reduction was over powering and sweet which took away from the flavor of the steak. The potatoes au gratin tasted musty. And then there were the parents that let their children run around the dining area aimlessly which detracted from the meal. Why management and staff allowed this to happen in a high end steak house is beyond me. I've eaten at the Capital Grill at 2 other locations and had excellent meals. For the price you pay here I deserved a much better dining experience.

2  Thank Larry R
Reviewed February 4, 2013 via mobile

The porcini crusted rib eye has the perfect amount of char and marble. Perfect When aired with the unity Cabernet and sautéed spinach .

Reviewed February 2, 2013

From the moment you pull up and the free valet service parks your car to the welcome you receive when you walk in the door you know your here for the experience.
The ambiance is that of a high end steak house with an impressive wine cellar located on the first floor within view of the diners. The service was top notch and they make sure to make your dining experience one that will have you coming back. The salads were bountiful and more than sufficient. I had the caesar salad and it was prepared just the way i like it. Everyone in our group ordered the steaks and all enjoyed. I had the filet mignon and it was cooked to perfection. Vegetables and potatoes finished off a delicious meal.
Capital Grill is located on restaurant row in Roosevelt Field and is at the top of the price point of the competition but worth the experience for a special evening.

1  Thank Robert B