“More of a Good Thing”
Review of Seasons 52

Seasons 52
Reserve with OpenTable
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 131 Restaurants in Garden City
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: At Roosevelt Field Mall
Description: Seasons 52 is a casually sophisticated fresh grill and wine bar that invites you to discover the sensational flavors of our seasonally inspired menu. At Seasons 52, you’ll enjoy a warm, welcoming ambiance with rich mahogany accents, custom built wine cellars, and lush greenery that create an air of casual sophistication. With an award-winning international wine list of over 100 wines, of which 52 or more are available by the glass, we will find the perfect match to complement your menu selection. Our restaurant is open for lunch and dinner daily, with extended hours on the weekend. We also feature live entertainment at our piano bar nightly. If you are searching for a place to host your event, look no further. Seasons 52 is the perfect setting for your private or semi-private event. We also feature a Chef’s table for smaller groups or more intimate settings. Together we will create the event of the season!
Reviewed May 15, 2013

Went to lunch once again and was very pleased the service was very good and the food was very good,dishes were creatively presented and the desserts were once again a treat & a half!
Would not change a thing here, food is consistently very good.

1  Thank LOUIS G

Reviewed May 11, 2013 via mobile

The only thing I did not like about the restaurant was that it is in/by the mall. Parking can be tough. I enjoy eating good food and somewhat large portions. I found the food to be delicious, including an appetizer, entree and dessert. I was satisfied. Prices would most likely be a little lower if it was not in the mall. From the warm greeting, seating, ordering, eating to the time I left the service was exceptional.

1  Thank TravelFoot10
Reviewed May 7, 2013

Everything on the menu is under 500 calories. Great food!! Great service!! Amazing dessert shooters!!
Smaller portions allow for the reduced calorie amount. If you are starving, this restaurant isn't for you. If you are trying to be healthy and eat well, try this restaurant!

1  Thank Spedteach25
Reviewed May 2, 2013

Every item in the menu is like less than 430 cal or so. If u are conscious about the calories, this is the place to go. Otherwise save ur trip here as u are going to leave with. half full stomach. The only thing to really brag about is the flatbread. Very very good and crusty. There are only a few entrees to choose from and nothing too impressive. The dessert are cute but ridiculously small. Basically two adult bites per portion. Heard the lunch menu is more reasonable.

2  Thank Jmhsu23
Reviewed April 20, 2013

Ok, the food here is very good given the low calorie objectives. The challenge we had, as is the challenge in many Long Island restaurants, was awful service. After waiting 20 minutes at the bar for a table at nearly 10 pm on a Friday our waitress arrived at the table in a now not so busy restaurant and announced , "I see you have your drinks so I am going to get you some menus", and promptly disappeared without even waiting for a response (some water would have been nice and our drinks were near empty). After placing our dinner order our waitress disappeared to never return until after dinner was over. As we both wanted wine with our steak I flagged down a busboy, John, and mentioned to him that we hadn't seen our waitress since we ordered and were interested in getting some wine. He excused himself - I expected our waitress to return to the table - instead John returned and did a wonderful job informing us of the wine choices and behaved like a perfect sommelier - a shocking but pleasant surprise in our awful service experience. After our dinner plates were cleared and leftovers boxed up our waitress finally returned and announced, "I see you both still have your wine so I'll assume you don't want coffee or espresso" and began walking away. I shouted the word "dessert" behind her which somehow actually caught her attention. She returned with a tray of dessert "shot glasses" and began explaining what each was in a somewhat annoyed tone while pointing a miniature mag-lite over each glass (unnecessary, weird and a huge turn off) as she explained each glass's contents.

While the food was wonderful for the price point this restaurant is set at I expect at least a little attention from our waitress. I certainly don't expect infrequent periodic observational fly-by statements and assumptions. Time to retrain the wait staff - start by letting John show them what customer service looks like.

This was a nice job by the kitchen in a lovely setting virtually ruined by an uncaring, untrained and inattentive waitress.

2  Thank Waytansea