“Good burger, great value”

Bobby's Burger Palace
Ranked #17 of 135 Restaurants in Garden City
Cuisines: American
Description: Bobby's Burger Palace (BBP) presents signature burgers inspired by Chef Bobby Flay's extensive travels throughout America and love of the grill in a convenient casual setting.
Reviewed September 2, 2013

I expected a lot knowing that this was a Bobby Flay franchise and I wasn't disappointed. The service was good, not exceptional but didn't have any issues really. The food is where my review stems from, I found the burger to be very tasty and that is just the burger itself the toppings only enhanced the flavor and overall taste. I always look for a tasty burger in terms of the patty alone which I never find at other chains sometimes so this was a hit. The sweet potato fries were particularly a favorite of mine. They were made to perfection, the perfect balance in salt and sweet and soft and crispy. Also, the cocktail I had was not only beautiful but very tasty. Overall, I enjoyed my experience and it didn't break the bank either which is a plus for me.

1  Thank AbigailEliseGodfrey

Reviewed June 3, 2013

It's was a Saturday night about 8:30PM when we entered Bobby's Burger Palace in Garden City. We were traveling all day and we were really hungry as we skipped lunch. Having been to BBP in the Smithhaven Mall a few years ago and found it to be fabulous, we were excited to find a Roosevelt Field outpost.

We had a problem immediately upon ordering. The order taker was distracted and asked us to repeat our order three times as she was busy chatting with her manager.

Although there were very few customers in the dining area. we had to move our seats three times because the tables were not bussed (no dishes but crumbs, napkins, etc. were evident and the tables needed to be wiped down). The last seats chosen, I wiped the table and chairs myself.

Getting food at BBP is slow (it was at Smithhaven too) but we had high hopes. Because of the open kitchen we could watch the interaction of the manager with the kitchen staff. There was not hustle at all. We watched our sweet potato fries sit at the pass for 7 minutes before they arrived at out table with the rest of our food. Of course we sent them back and received fresh ones just as we finished our meal.

My husband had the Classic Blue Burger med well. I had the Topless Burger Salad, Bobby Blue Burger med rare. Both burgers were cooked as ordered. Unfortunately the salad came with dressing on although I asked for it on the side but at this point, we just didn't want to wait any longer. The fresh sweet potato fries were pretty good when they finally arrived but it was too late to enjoy with our meal.

All in all, a very poor effort for a restaurant with Bobby Flay's name on it. The eating area was dirty, no hustle at all from the staff and the food -- meh.

Bring it on Shake Shack!

1  Thank jetsetter7777777
Reviewed May 29, 2013

Now if you are looking at this review, you must be wondering if the burgers are any good. THEY ARE!!! In the world of 5 guys, Shake Schacks, Smashburgers, Jake Wayback Burgers....Bobby Flay has carved a burger nitch to serve decent quality burgers that you can really taste the meat...yes meat taste in a burger, who figures? He does this thing called "crunchified" which adds potato chips to any burger choice. Meh...it's alright, but I'm a purist so if you taste the regular burger with just plain old cheese and like it....then go for all the special creations they offer. There's a Miami burger with ham, swiss cheese, and pickles. There's a LA burger with avocado relish, watercress, cheddar cheese and tomato. My favorite is the Philadelpia burger with provolone cheese, griddled onions and hot peppers, so delish! Prices are reasonable and soda refills are complimentary. First you order and pay for your burgers like a fast food line(we've all done that), you find whatever seats you can find, the place brings out the food you order to where you are seated. Much nicer than the places you have to serve yourself. You actually eat on plates(plastic) and use metal utensils which makes it feel more upscale...nice touch Bobby Flay. Most of all...it's a burger place and if a burger place has decent burgers...it's a required food destination, right? See ya there!

3  Thank lejaceman
Reviewed May 19, 2013

Finally had a chance to try this place. The decor is trendy and inviting, and the seating is set up almost like family style, so you're sitting next to complete strangers, but that's ok cuz Long Island peeps don't talk to anyone anyway. Lol. You order your food and pay when you walk in,mother find a seat. (Good luck with that if its really busy). We ordered burgers and sweet potato fries. Both were out of this world! My daughters burger was plain, I tried a bite and the meat was definitely top of the line. Very tasty, perfectly cooked and seasoned. I had the buffalo bleu burger. Hot sauce & blue cheese dressing. Delish! It was so good, we ordered more fries and another burger to share. 2 thumbs up! I'll be going back very soon!

1  Thank Kelli K
Reviewed May 5, 2013

Having read Bobby Flay's book on burgers and shakes, I was wondering in with rather high expectations on a Saturday afternoon. 5-10 minute line. Had a Miami Burger, which was indeed rare as ordered. On the small side of a $ 8 burger, though.
The malt was ok, but I can't say I'd be back to the place on account of the malt. Very odinary presentation & a rather warm glass. This was certainly not in line with the otherwise high standard.

1  Thank Greyrock