“Best Place for Out of Town Wedding Guests”

La Quinta Inn & Suites Garden City
Ranked #4 of 4 Hotels in Garden City
Reviewed August 25, 2010

Joanne Buckley and her staff at La Quinta are incredible. We, as well as our guests, spent the night at La Quinta for the rehearsal dinner and wedding. We received a discounted rate on our rooms and Joanne helped us to coordinate a special brunch and after-party. All of our guests raved about the hotel.

• Stayed: August 2010

Reviewed July 9, 2010

Stayed at the LaQuinta, Garden City, NY location and was pleasantly surprised! The rooms were clean and customer service excellent. Although this location is a bit out of the way, it's a great stay. I would recommend this location.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 20, 2010

Stayed for the second time at the La Quinta Inn & Suites in Garden City, NY. For the money, it is well worth staying there, even if you have to go into New York. The hotel provides a free shuttle that will take you anywhere within three miles - which is far enough to get you to the Mineola station for the Long Island Railroad, which goes into Penn Station in Manhattan for $13 round trip (off peak). Although the shuttle previously ran until midnight, they are changing the schedule so that the last trip is 8:30 p.m. - not the best for people who want to go into (or come back from) Manhattan in the evenings, so be sure to arrange for transportation back from the station to the hotel if you're planning to return after 8:30.

Breakfast is included and is served until 10:00 in the lobby. The selection is wide enough to satisfy everyone - from cold cereals and danishes to make-yourself waffles and toast. Coffee & tea available all day. One downside is that there is no restaurant in the hotel, although there is the Tin Alley Grill within walking distance, and the hotel has 10% off cards. There is a large mall nearby - not within walking distance, but close enough for the shuttle.

Rooms are comfortable and clean, and the front desk staff are helpful. All in all, it's a good choice for someone who doesn't want to pay Manhattan prices and doesn't mind the few inconveniences.

• Stayed: June 2010
1  Thank ambesq
Reviewed May 17, 2010

Stayed 6 nights at this location - and charged 4 different rates! Is this common practice? I was actually told by the front desk that "Rates change depending on occupancy. If we have 40-50 rooms to sell, the rate will be cheaper." Unfortunately I was NOT advised of of any rate change, especially the most expensive change on our final night. We extended our stay 2 nights and was not told that each one of these nights charged a more expensive rate. Since our last night was a Friday night and a wedding party was occupying a large part of the hotel, I assume that my husband and I were charged a lot more for our room because the wedding guests were given a great discount. I intend to take this pricing situation up with La Quinta head management. We are seniors and like to watch our dollars - not allow them to slip through our fingers without some reasonable explanation.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 14, 2010

Booked the hotel about 1 week for Feb 2010 stay date. For me, this usually means high price ticket for an undervalued hotel. This WAS NOT the case. I was pleasantly surpised that we got a great value for the price with booking "late". I could imagine what price we could have paid if we booked more than 14 days in advance.

They had ample free parking, which is good. We had express check-in and were given our selected room at check-in of King Bed with sofa. The room was comfortable and well appointed with TV, desk, sofa, and arm chair.

The hotel served our basic need of being clean, comfortable, safe, and a good value that included free hot breakfast.

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 17, 2010

We stayed at this hotel while looking at nearby Hofstra University. The hotel was clean and comfortably decent looking at a reasonable price. Our room was very clean and presentable with pleasant decor. The only unclean thing I found was the next morning when I went to shower there were two short hairs in the tub - one in the back corner ledge and one by the drain - kind of gross. The only other complaint I had was that our clock radio seemed to have a problem with the radio connectivity so all stations would not stay on, so I worried about hearing it in the morning when the alarm went off, so I called the front desk to see if they could provide a wake-up call, but they never picked up even tho I tried for about 10 minutes. In the end, we just used our own devices to wake-up. That aside, we were pleased with everything else, including the continental breakfast. If I were back in the area, I would definitely stay there again (and bring my own alarm clock!)

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed December 19, 2009

Stayed here for two weeks. I had no problems or complaints. For the price this hotel was great. It has everything you need to get ready for work. Complimentary breakfast was very good and much appreciated. The free evening snacks were also welcome on the nights I returned to the hotel early enough for some to be left. Free internet in the room. Housekeeping did a good job; I came back to a very clean room every night.
The hotel is in a great location with many dining options and a mall within walking distance. I visited the convenience store next door on many an all-nighter while staying at La Quinta. I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone working in the Nassau area of Long Island.

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled on business
Long Island Marriott
#1 of 1 in Uniondale
Homewood Suites by Hilton Carle Place - Garden City
SpringHill Suites Carle Place Garden City

Been to La Quinta Inn & Suites Garden City? Share your experiences!