“excellent stay”

La Quinta Inn & Suites Garden City
Ranked #4 of 4 Hotels in Garden City
Ormond Beach, Florida, USA
Reviewed July 6, 2013

The manager of this Hotel is very pleasant and assures quality in this hotel. We stay there at least every few months and have no complaints. The beds could use some upgrading but it is clean and pet friendly.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family

Henderson, Nevada, USA
Reviewed July 4, 2013

i stayed at htl with my wife and little shizu dog and the staff at front desk and also the rest of staff working different jobs were all great as different times we needed to get to different places and they found correct way and tel nrs for everything the breakfast was good and the location was close to anything that u needed. also contacted cab co for drive to jfk arpt and let me know where fedex was and chase bk was a pleasure staying there was very helpful with everything we wud recommend this htl to all our friends. the only thing that went wrong which they corrected right away was that the microwave and refrigerator sometimes the button wud pop up and stop working so they moved them to a different plug..everything was very clean we live in henderson nv now but come fm bklyn and was here for unveiling at cementary in babylon ny for my brother (rip) so was a pleasure staying here tuvm marvin kaminsky.... jeff 57 bklyn ny...

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Titusville, New Jersey, USA
Reviewed July 1, 2013

I was in the area on business, and this hotel was convenient to the event I was attending. The area surrounding the hotel is not very welcoming, but the hotel itself is nice - clean, well kept up, lots of parking, friendly staff. My room had a small fridge and microwave and a comfortable bed. The water pressure in the shower was a little low, but other than that, everything was good. I heard no noise from adjoining rooms or the hallway. The breakfast buffet could have offered a little more variety, but the food was fresh and tasty. The staff helped me find a good take-out place close by.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo
Boca Raton, Florida, USA
Reviewed June 22, 2013

We very often stay at this La Quinta Inn in Garden City NY. It is a convenient location, near
to shopping, clean, very friendly with a decent breakfast. We have been very pleased with
the service and accommodations and have been staying here for several years when we
come to visit in New York.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 18, 2013

We were here for a family reunion and the hotel was recommended to us from family members. The staff was wonderful during check in. Our room was clean & comfortable. You definitely need a car because there isn't much around the hotel. It was great that there various restaurants in the area that delivered food to the hotel/room. The room includes the breakfast, which really wasn't that good. Overall it was a nice stay.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed June 18, 2013

Let's see...It's a nice hotel, don't get me wrong, but it is the little things that make all the difference. The location appears to be okay - I ventured out only once and am not familiar with the area so I cannot discern what's nearby - except the Roosevelt Field Mall. Check-in was easy and my room was on the ground floor. The room was clean and well-appointed - 2 small beds (neither a twin or a double - kinda in-between), tv, 2 phones, mini fridge, microwave, iron, iron board, lots of lamps and electric outlets and four places to sit. So I surely had room! The bath was your run-off-the-mill sort and clean which is important. All good. Except for the strange smell. Not a bad smell but for some it may be very off-putting. I had my grapefruit essential oil and I put a few drops in the carpet to improve the situation and it worked.

So here are my issues:
1. There was a smell
2. I asked for a wake up call at 4am. It came at 1am.
3. I asked the evening before for a cab for the next morning. They hadn't done it.
4. There is a free breakfast and I am glad for it. But the coffee is watery and thin. And there are no scrambled eggs. Just boiled. You basically have a dry breakfast. Scrambled eggs are very important to me. It may be so for others.
5. They appear to allow pets - the lady across the hall had a yippy dog. BUT to her credit - it never made noise at night and barely during the day, so it can slide.
6. The A/C was LOUD. Really LOUD.
7. My keycard gave LOTS of trouble and to open my door, you had to time it and throw some weight against it. I felt like I was breaking and entering into my own room. It was exciting. Felt a rush.

Otherwise, the staff were very pleasant and helpful, nothing was an eyesore. Daily cleaning of rooms and the elevators worked fine.

Can't say much else. It's good if you need a place to stay as you visit the sights, it's cool for a romantic weekend or a family staycation. Not bad....surely not the worst. Efficient and practical.

Room Tip: You may want to ask if there are pets nearby any room you are given once you check-in if that will b...