“Best Value on Long Island”

La Quinta Inn & Suites Garden City
Ranked #4 of 4 Hotels in Garden City
A TripAdvisor Member
“Best Value on Long Island”
Reviewed May 12, 2013

In a great location, convenient to all, this is my number one choice when staying in Nassau County. Extremely well-kept, always immaculately clean, staff is friendly and responsive to any questions or concerns. Happened to be staying at this location during Hurricane Sandy and miraculously, the property never lost power. I witnessed how management and staff went over and above helping those who had been evacuated/lost their homes. It just reaffirmed for me how great his hotel is. Can you tell? I highly recommend.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Sharon, Massachusetts
Reviewed May 11, 2013

My wife and I along with our 17 year old daughter were attending a Sunday open house at Hofstra U. on April 28th. I chose La Quinta because of the on-line reviews. We arrived on Saturday afternoon and were easily and quickly checked in by the young woman at the desk. Went up to our room on the fifth floor. Basic room, very clean and neat. Decided to head into Manhattan for the evening. Went back to the front desk to inquire how best to get into the city. Another young woman at the desk was incredibly helpful with getting us a shuttle van to the LIRR station nearby along with train times into Penn Station and the trains back that evening. We had a great time and returned about 10pm. The taxi back to the hotel cost us $20 including tip. So far so good, right?
Hotel lobby was quiet. Looked like there might have been a small bar set up, but no one was there. Went up to our room and decided to get some snacks and soda from the machines we noticed on every floor. My daughter and I headed out. First stop (fifth floor) neither snack nor soda working. Fourth floor snack yes, soda no. Third floor soda no. Now we're laughing. Skip second floor go to ground floor. Soda no. Go back up to second floor, soda yes!
Get back to our room and my wife asks why we left hotel to get snacks and soda. Explain the system.
The room was a little warm so we turn on ac unit. Sounds like a dump truck idling out side the window. Seems to be cooling, but LOUD. Watch tv until midnight then turn in. Impossible to sleep with AC on. Shut off and open window (yes, the windows open!) with large hole in screen. Not really cool enough. I'm still awake at 3:30am.
Breakfast was plentiful. Belgian waffles smelled delicious. Hard boiled eggs. Store bought pastry. Other items I can't recall. Coffee maker was broken, which is all I wanted.
Check out was quick, but no inquiry about our stay.
If not for the AC unit I would have given La Quinta four stars for location, staff and price.

Room Tip: Check the AC unit first thing!
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Marquette, Michigan
Reviewed April 13, 2013

No real complaints, just an average hotel. Except for breakfast, which was totally lame and not good at all. On my second trip here, only ate the hard-boiled eggs, and went down the street for bagels.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business

Fairfax, Virginia
Reviewed April 7, 2013

My son and I traveled to Long Island to hear our niece sing at Adelphi University and the La Quinta Inn was not far from the University. All the staff I talked to was very friendly and helpful. Our room was clean with flat screen TV and comfy beds. We enjoyed the free breakfast which had a good selection of fruits, yogurts, sweet rolls, bagel, waffles, juices and hot coffee. Free internet and good parking. I would definitely stay there again when I go back to Long Island.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed March 28, 2013 via mobile

Somewhat clean and simple, no amenities in the bathroom other than soap and shampoo.
Staff not that friendly or accommodating .
No cheese for breakfast which is weird. Overall expected more for the price!

• Stayed March 2013
Syracuse, New York
Reviewed March 28, 2013

This hotel is in such a great location to everything. The hotel staff was friendly and helpful. The hotel was very clean and the price was perfect! I would definitely return to a La Quinta hotel based on the stay I had at this one.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple

#1 of 4 in Garden City
Garden City Hotel
Garden City Hotel
#2 of 4 in Garden City

Been to La Quinta Inn & Suites Garden City? Share your experiences!