“Good location near Adelphi University”

La Quinta Inn & Suites Garden City
Ranked #4 of 4 Hotels in Garden City
NH
“Good location near Adelphi University”
Reviewed August 1, 2012

We spent one night in this hotel. It was very clean, good location, lots of parking spaces, large rooms, clean bathroom, beds comfortable, staff very friendly and free breakfast was good. My only concern was that there didn't appear to be enough staff to handle the the flow of guests at the front desk or in the breakfast room.

Room Tip: We stayed on the 5th floor and it was very quiet. Two elevators meant we never waited long.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed July 19, 2012

When I travel, especially for business, I want three things from a hotel: free wifi, free breakfast (ideally with the DIY waffle maker) and a clean, comfortable room. The LaQuinta has all three at a reasonable price (for the NYC area). The staff was as quality as the room. Overall, a restful, relaxing experience, which is exactly what I want when I travel.

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

1 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Ridgeland, Mississippi, USA
Reviewed July 18, 2012

Eeverything was great except my Air Condition went out the last night I was there. I arrived back from my trip to Connecticut that night late and I was so tired from fighting traffic I dod not notifiy the freont desk until the next morning, It was HOT and did not get much sleep that night there. On the breakfast it was OK but would have been better if there had served some fruit, cereal, oatmeal, or grits as options also to give a bit more variety.

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

phoenix
Reviewed July 11, 2012

Stayed here because of the positive reviews. Reserved a family suite 3 months in advance of my stay. Two days before I arrived, I received a call saying that they couldn't allow us in the family suite because we were travelling with our small dog. It somehow took 11 weeks to tell us that. We were told that the four of us would be moved to a regular room. On the night that we arrived, the desk clerk said, "We've got you in a King room." When I asked what that meant, he hesitated and said that our room had one king bed. I helped him count the four of us, but he said it was the only room and they'd move us the next day. After several strenuous requests, he agreed to bring a rollaway bed "in an hour". Two hours later and several calls to the front desk that went unanswered, I went to the front desk and the desk clerk had gone home. The new desk clerk brought a rollaway. During the next 3 days, there was never another room open to which we could be moved.

The room itself was okay, but threadbare. It was obvious that it had been used hard. Carpets worn, bathroom tiles chipped and grout somewhat gruesome, shower slightly disgusting. Breakfast was decent. Disappointed with customer service and room quality.

Room Tip: Don't expect much
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Lititz, Pennsylvania
Reviewed July 9, 2012

Spacious rooms at a reasonable rate. I had a king bed room on both stays. (compared to other hotels in the area). Quiet rooms despite being close to the road. Close to a mall and many restaurants. Deli next to the hotel was a good lunch spot. I had an ADA compliant room on my second visit (not sure why). The shower faucet in the ADA room was hard to reach for me. I'm not how it would work if you were in a wheelchair. The bathroom door in the ADA room was the widest I've seen in a hotel room (over 40 inches wide). Comfortable beds. Large selection at the breakfast location. I would have awarded them a 5 out of 5 had the staff been more interested in me as a customer when checking in and out.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank ontheroadbill
Fort Lauderdale, Florida, USA
Reviewed July 8, 2012

This hotel is great if staying in the long island area. Very friendly and great location. Close to mall,very clean rooms, nice work out room. Breakfast is very good, nice food and dining choices available within walking distances. Nice outside area available for smokers. Small open bar available after 8PM for travelers I will stay here again when visiting the area.

Room Tip: If smoking is an issue need to communicate this to the hotels staff. This is not a non smoking hotel...
Gilbert, AZ
Reviewed July 4, 2012

Enjoyed the room even though it was only for 1 night. The down fault was we were told the hot tub was working by the front staff but when our family went down to the hot tub, it was out of order and no lights on.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
#1 of 1 in Uniondale
Garden City Hotel
Garden City Hotel
#1 of 4 in Garden City

Been to La Quinta Inn & Suites Garden City? Share your experiences!