La Quinta Inn & Suites Garden City
Hyatt Place Garden City(Garden City)(Great Value!)
$189
Hyatt.com
Garden City Hotel(Garden City)
$188
Preferred Hotels
  • Pool
Hampton Inn Garden City(Garden City)(Great Value!)
$152
$135
$134
$160
$139
Hotels.com
Red Roof PLUS+ Long Island(Westbury)(Great Value!)
$118
$110
$159
$149
Long Island Marriott(Uniondale)(Great Value!)
$239
Hotels.com
Priceline
$165
GardenInn.com
All reviewslong islandbagelswaffle makershuttle servicenew yorkcontinental breakfasthofstra universityroom was largenice hotelexcellent stayrooms are cleanroosevelt field malltrain stationconvenient locationthe breakfast areadelipets
FilterAll languages
Reviewed November 10, 2011

I had arranged for a block of rooms for guests attending my wedding at a local venue. When I first spoke to La Quinta inn I was told that a shuttle could be arranged and I failed to inquire about the specifics. 10 days before my wedding I learned that since I hadn't reached the minimum number of guests, a dedicated shuttle could not be arranged. I spoke to Tim Mularchuk at the hotel who was extremely helpful and resourcefull. He arranged for a shuttle (partially out of his own pocket) thus fully relieving one of many pre-wedding sources of stress.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 8, 2011

My family stayed at the hotel for a family wedding. The room was clean and comfortable. The hotel provided a free shuttle to the nearby reception which was great so we could really enjoy ourselves. The complimentary breakfast was delicious with lots to choose from. The staff was especially friendly. Nice experience A nightmare in so many ways. A "free" room in actuality cost $44 plus points because we had the privilege of staying near NYC (a mere 1-hour away, if you're lucky). We arrived at the hotel after a grueling London-NY flight, sometime after 10PM. Everything in the room was old and dilapidated. The comforter looked as if it...I stayed at this hotel for 2 weeks. My fiance worked near by and I went into the city everyday. The hotel has a shuttle that takes you into town, when it can. I usually paid the $10 and got a taxi to Mineola station. It is very easy to get into NYC from this hotel. Just taxi to train station, train station to Penn...

Room Tip: corner yau se everything
  • Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank cool1234_11
Reviewed July 9, 2011

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
3  Thank Susan1414
Reviewed June 14, 2011

A nightmare in so many ways. A "free" room in actuality cost $44 plus points because we had the privilege of staying near NYC (a mere 1-hour away, if you're lucky). We arrived at the hotel after a grueling London-NY flight, sometime after 10PM. Everything in the room was old and dilapidated. The comforter looked as if it had been left in the drier too long and was full of clumps. The INTERIOR of the coffee maker, not the pot, had a curlie hair in it! The next morning we decided to cut our losses and leave. However, the fire alarm went off while we were packing up. I rushed into the hallway and encountered a maid -- who gave me a blank stare -- and proceeded to continue her cellphone conversation while other guests ran out of their rooms. The hallway doors closed, just as they should - which panicked the man standing next to me. He asked the maid of the location of the stairs. And guess what? She could not understand his perfect English! And said so, in another language. This was the last straw. La Quinta took over the Wingate property, a location where we had stayed many times. We will NOT be returning. BTW, a note to the Manager went unanswered.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled with family
6  Thank SHADDACalifornia
Reviewed June 12, 2011

I stayed at this hotel for 2 weeks. My fiance worked near by and I went into the city everyday. The hotel has a shuttle that takes you into town, when it can. I usually paid the $10 and got a taxi to Mineola station. It is very easy to get into NYC from this hotel. Just taxi to train station, train station to Penn Station and you are there. The rooms themselves are clean and big. A word of caution, if you are a non-smoker and you don't want your room to smell like smoke... DO NOT get a room on the 3rd floor. The smoking floor is the 2nd floor and the smoke drifts up into the 3rd floor. There is only one washer and dryer in the whole hotel and the washer is snail like slow. The free breakfast is standard, but I never make it up early enough to go to it. There is a deli, and Moe's and a very nice mall all with in walking distance. The shuttle will take you anywhere you want to go, you just have to ask and it has to be free. (I have found it being free is a hit or miss.) All in all, it is a perfectly fine place to stay if you don't want to stay in the city. Oh, it has free wifi.

Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple