“Very nice place with decent food.”

Rein Restaurant at Garden City Hotel
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Stewart Avenue
Transit: LIRR - Garden City
Brooklyn, NY
“Very nice place with decent food.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 27, 2013

While service was a little slow, it was helpful and well-meaning. Breakfasts were very good and the coffee was excellent. Many choices as well. The Sunday brunch must be seen to be believed. It is a huge display of all kinds of food.

Visited April 2013

NYC
“Easter Brunch was Fab!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 4, 2013

My family and I decided to spend Easter at The Garden City Hotel's Rein because we have always heard good reviews, and because it was my uncle's birthday. I was a little apprehensive at first because of the price but I decided it was worth a shot. The brunch setup was absolutely beautiful. As we entered we were greeted by the Easter Bunny (lol) then we walked down into the brunch area which is located in the ballroom. The sight was spectacular! (see my pictures below). I was delighted to see the dessert station, the omelet station, the seafood and salad sections, etc. I recently stopped eating chicken and red meat so I could not enjoy the carving station but my family said that the meat was very tender, well seasoned, and juicy. I did enjoy the various shrimp dishes, the lobster tails, the crab, the myriad rice dishes, the seasoned veggies, and the large quantities of watermelon and pineapple and other delicious fruits!!!

The most beautiful section was the dessert bar. There were two fondue fountains with pineapples, strawberries, and marshmallows to dip (both white and milk chocolate), peach cobbler, bread pudding, cake pops, cupcakes, jello, macaroons, pudding, and MORE!!!

The only disappointing thing was the mimosa. I didn't care for the champagne they used, and the only brunch cocktails they offer are mimosas and blood marys, but you can order wine or champagne (I was look for bellinis and other brunch cocktails). The waiters were very nice but did not know much about the cocktail options.

Finally, they brought out a sparkling candle (the firecracker looking candle) with sweets for my uncle's birthday and that was very fun and exciting to witness ( it put a huge smile on his face) :)

All in all it was a fabulous experience and I will definitely be visiting Rein again before 2013 is over!

• Visited March 2013
1 Thank Kikifromdablock
New York City, New York
“Wonderful Birthday dinner”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 23, 2013

My husband took me to Rein for my birthday and I'm so glad he did. It was a nice change of pace from the restaurant "scene" in our area. The service was impeccable and the food was delicious.
The pianist was an unexpected bonus and added to the cozy atmosphere.
Rein is a definite must.

• Visited March 2013
1 Thank jh4711
new york
“Poor service but decent food.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 25, 2013

IF you have a choice, go to bars on the main drag this place isn't bad but there are better in town.

Visited February 2013
1 Thank rich o
Long Island, New York
“Great service great food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 8, 2013

The staff at the Garden City Hotel are renowned for there service and Rein is no let down. The atmosphere is not what you would expect as it looks more like a hotel bar/lounge and is not very large. However the comfortable seating allows you to really enjoy the fantastic menu. I would recommend trying the many top notch appetizers.

• Visited December 2012