“Excellent food and service well worth the price”

Rein Restaurant at Garden City Hotel
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Stewart Avenue
Transit: LIRR - Garden City
Reviewed October 6, 2012

Looking for a change, we ventured from the North Shore on Saturday night to try Rein. The Garden City Hotel was as elegant as I remember it to be years ago. The decor in the restaurant was warm, less formal and stuffy than the Polo Grill. The food was creatively delicious with healthy choices. Presentation was lovely and the service was attentive without being intrusive. My tuna tartare was excellent and served on a bed of avocado, my husband's scallop appetizer was scrumptious. I thoroughly enjoyed the seared tuna entree in eggplant and the flounder stuffed with lobster was different and equally good. Dessert was a pear sundae with a dollop of cinnamon ice cream and a hint of chocolate ... absolutely incredible, very satisfying. Wine pairing was impressive. The menu was a bit limited but we enjoyed every bite.

There are newer reviews for Rein Restaurant at Garden City Hotel

Reviewed September 29, 2012 via mobile

You can see the hotel has been skipping corners when it comes to keeping up with the times. The reign Caesar salad was excellent but $13 each? Come on?

My wife had the filet which was prepared well but the potatoes were dried out and so were the veggies. I had the flounder stuffed with lobster. I challange anyone to find more than a half oz of lobster. Plus any sides were $7 each....mashed potatoes for $7???!

Service was excellent and I can't complain about the atmosphere the restaurant is well kept and service polite.

2  Thank Haywood16
Reviewed August 13, 2012

For the amount that the restaurant charges, I expected high quality dining. I ordered a sangria for my drink which tasted like it was made 3 days ago, so I ended up getting a glass of merlot instead. The server gave me bread and butter while i waited, which was hard and not edible. Then I ordered corn shrimp chowder which came with 3 shrimp and a can of corn... Literally. I ate the three shrimp and handed back the plate. The bartender was pushing for me to get the special but since I already had a bad shrimp experience I opted not to go for the cajun shrimp and ordered lamb chops with asparagus. I asked him 3 times what he thought of the dish and he said it was a good choice. Well, half of it was good. The lamb was cooked well and actually was good... The stuff that came with it was terrible.. It was a small side of beans that seemed pre cooked from this morning and a drop of olives. Spindled in for no apparent reason. I like olives but these flavors did not belong on the same plate. I would not dine here again.

Reviewed June 25, 2012

Sunday brunch is always a treat, but the Garden City hotel simply eliminates all the filler foods, all the things that we want to pass by..and replaces them with the best of choices. I am a vegetarian so it was a little bit limited for me, but the rest of my party were in heaven...lobster, shrimp, crab legs, salad, fruit, vegetables, sushi..and from what I am told, everyone loved it all..and deserts to die for..but, the best part about the Brunch is that the atmosphere is pure class, relaxing, you are well treated, the service is excellent..and you can sit and enjoy mimosas, champagne, bloody marys, wine..coffee and tea to your heart's desire..

Next is their Tea..it is another gem. The Teas are amazing and if you are asking how that can be, well you just have to try it..all the teas are brewed perfectly, served elegantly and the finger sandwiches, scones, cakes and other delights are presented beautifully and taste just as good..

Expensive, a bit, but very well worth it..the experience is just wonderful..and I personally enjoy Rein because of Brittany, the Rein Hostess, who always treats you royally and makes you want to come back time after time. She will also help you with any party..I can tell you because I had my daughter's Bridal Tea here and Brittany did an amazing job..Enjoy it all..

1  Thank JoGo13
Reviewed June 9, 2012

Lovely meal. Very friendly and charming waitstaff. Forgot an umbrella under our table and they sought us out to return it. Very much appreciated.

1  Thank Drew W