“Great singer, excellent atmosphere, good food”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Puglia's City Cafe - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Puglia's City Cafe
Cuisines: Italian, Mediterranean
Good for: Bar scene, Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: supper club
Long beach, NY
“Great singer, excellent atmosphere, good food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 18, 2013

We went on a Wednesday (Sinatra night) and the live singer was very good. We had the house red wine, excellent value. As a starter, we had the calamari appetizer for two which was huge and really tasty. For entrees, I had the seafood fra diavolo and my companion had the veal scallopine both were excellent. The waiter, Michael, was very attentive and we were very satisfied with the service. Overall, we were satisfied with our meal and with the vibe at this restaurant.

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank Alison M

New York
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“great singer - Wednesday night”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 22, 2013

Went with my daughter on Wed night. Singer was very good, enjoyed listening while having dinner.
Waitress was nice. Asked to wait between ordering appt and dinner, not aloud to do that. Very surprised about that, wasn't that busy, but to her credit, they did leave a good amt of time between appt and meal. Food was ok, ordered salmon but it had a rich sauce on it, not for me. My daughter wanted more selection of meals with red sauce, there were none so she ordered the red sauce separately. Might try again but would eat at the bar with just an appt and a drink, if that's aloud:) lol

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank CGW1955
Astoria, New York
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Felt Rushed-Excellent food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 8, 2013

I went to this restaurant with a party of 10. The waitress brought our drinks,salads and appetizers right away. I turned my head for a second and the bus boy grabbed 2 appetizers and a salad that we clearly were not done eating yet. I did not want to go to the restroom because I was scared my food that I wanted to take home would not be there when I got back. We all thought the food was excellent though.

• Visited February 2013
1 Thank lisa B
Garden City, New York
“Puglia's dinner”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 29, 2013

Food was average to above average; service was okay but on weekend nights this is a older singles hangout at the bar with a DJ. If you want a quiet dinner don't get seated on that side of the restaurant or go somewhere else.

Visited November 2012
1 Thank Paul V
Irvine, California
“Old World Italian Excellence”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 15, 2013

This restaurant brought us back to the old days of Italian restaurants with delicious food cooked with pride and music to enhance the experience. The service was personal and excellent. My penne was al dente and chicken cooked until juicy with herbs and spices exactly as they should be in a rich and abundant vodka sauce. My husband's pasta con vongole (clams in white sauce) was perfectly done. They served me Prosecco by the glass that was not the brut type as I am accustomed to getting in the states. This was the type I get in Italy that is a more refreshing taste. The bread was fresh with a seeded top and reminded me of Roman bread. There is a live band every night with a different genre of music each night. The night we were there it was Mambo night and the folks on the dance floor were having a ball. Young and old were dancing (even some children) with abandon. Some would consider the cost high but the same meal in Manhattan or parts of Brooklyn or Queens would have been much higher maybe even doubled. We are from CA. and I can say that the price was the same as an average Italian meal here. Not upscale prices at all. I would recommend it to anyone and we would definitely return if we are in that area again.

Visited July 2013