“Very happy with my stay”

Hyatt Place Garden City
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Garden City
Denver
“Very happy with my stay”
Reviewed March 26, 2013

I stayed here two weekends in February 2013 for business. I was initially hesitant about the hotel bc as I drove up to the entrance I noticed that directly across the street is some kind of industrial manufacturing or distribution center.

Not a big deal for me bc I was there for business and the hotel was safe but I would be a little weary if I was travelling with young kids. For my purposes however, the hotel was conveniently located near the expressway and 15 minutes from Manhasset where I was going for work. A pleasant surprise was that the hotel was a half a block from a high end outlet center which included all my favorites like Nordstrom Rack, Saks outlet, Bloomingdales outlet, and Trader Joes.

The staff who greeted me were incredibly warm and friendly. I appreciated their recommendations for takeout dinner bc I found this wonderful place called the Burger Spot which had the BEST fries ever. The room was clean and spacious and I was very impressed by the spotless bathroom- the walkin shower was huge and had great water pressure. Access to internet was convenient, easy, and free (a benefit with Hyatt rewards platinum membership). I was also very impressed by the quality of the breakfast which was free to all guests. Their breakfast sandwiches had healthy alternatives (egg whites, spinach) and there was an abundance of yogurt, fruit, juices and LaColombe (!!!) coffee.

My only criticism was that when I initially walked into the room, it smelled of very strong cleaning materials (which was good bc the place had recently been cleaned) but also gave me a headache. Also, during my first night I was awoken by my neighbor who was talking very loudly about how it was only 4 am in the morning. The walls were very thin and the bed inconveniently located on the same wall as my neighbor's bed. Overall though it was a great stay(s).

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
florida
Reviewed March 9, 2013 via mobile

Large and spacious rooms for us and our son. Nice having so much room to spread out and everything in new condition. This would make a great New York City studio! Location is not scenic at all but convenient to everything. Highly recommended.

• Stayed March 2013
1 Thank plz2meatu
hpgc, General Manager at Hyatt Place Garden City, responded to this review, March 13, 2013
Thank you for choosing our establishment . I am very pleased that your stay was serene and compatable with your needs. Please feel free to return to our property at anytime. We look forward to serving you and continue in a fruitful relationship.
New Jersey, USA
Reviewed March 3, 2013

It was my second stay here (the last was about a year ago). Very nice place, rooms are perfect, quite. High-speed and breakfast are included which is not the case in some other similar hotels in the area. Staff extremly friendly and helpful on both occasions. Great value!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank EAS21
Metuchen, New Jersey
Reviewed February 27, 2013

My wife, son, and two of his team mates stayed at the Hyatt Place over a February weekend. We had a volleyball tournament at Hofstra University and decided to stay over the night before to avoid getting up and driving at 4:30 A.M.

This hotel is located right by the Roosevelt Field mall, off of the expressway, in a light industrial area of Garden City. It offers plenty of parking and provides quiet rooms, as the surrounding area is very quiet, especially on weekends. There is a Hampton Inn next door to it.

The property was well maintained. The lobby, eating area, and rooms were clean and well cared for.

The rooms are large and nicely laid-out. They are quiet and spacious, with excellent beds. The staff was very helpful, recommending an excellent local place for the five of us to eat at. The morning breakfast was fine, not gourmet, but it satisfied the three volleyball players that were with us.

If you are in the area. this is a very nice place to spend a night or two.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank timfromnj
New York
Reviewed February 26, 2013

Stayed here for a wedding, the hotel has very large and clean rooms. The hotel staff was very nice and helpful. It seems to be a relatively new hotel so it was a little difficult to find but that was not a big deal. Additionally their food was very good. They did not have room service but I ordered a club sandwich that was delicious, and they had a decent breakfast the next morning. I would recommend this hotel as a nice place to stay if you’re in that neighborhood and need a good hotel. Enjoy!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Christopher S
Reviewed February 14, 2013

I stayed at this hotel for a business trip and was pleasantly surprised at the condition of the place. Sometimes the pictures on the internet look great but when you arrive you are disappointed, not the case here. The lobby was clean and had plenty of seating and the staff always makes an attempt to greet you on your way in and out.

I have seen other reviews where people complain about not being able to find the place on their GPS. Again, not the case with mine. The hotel is situated on a side road away from the traffic on the main road which makes for a nice quiet stay.

The only criticism I have is that the breakfast offering is less than appetizing. Don't bank on it.

I would absolutely recommend this hotel and would stay here again. Good job Hyatt.

• Stayed February 2013
1 Thank Michael G
Wantagh, New York
Reviewed February 9, 2013

ABSOLUTELY HORRENDOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I don't even know where to begin.I do want to say that I NEVER write reviews unless they're good but I would never want another bride to have to go through what my bridesmaids and I had to go through!! I had a block of rooms for my wedding. First of all, a year before the wedding when I was planning everything, they would never call me back. Finally when I went there to pick up the hotel cards for the invitations every person was clues. They were all either rude or a total moron. When I came closer to the wedding I had at least 10 guest call me and tell me that there weren't anymore rooms (only because I had many out of towners and they were asking if there was a hotel near by that I knew of off hand). I called the woman (who I mentioned above that is impossible to get in touch with) and she said that there were 12 rooms left and that they must have made a mistake!!!!! IT GETS WORSE!!! My bridesmaids and I arrived the night before the wedding and when we walked in absolutely no one helps us!!! My dress was huge and took 2 people to carry it. The next day we were getting ready and wanted to toast with mimosas. We asked for orange juice....they made it seem like I was asking for a free room!!! LASTLY.... and this is by far the most disgusting thing I've ever experienced from someone who was providing a service to me. My photographer was getting shots of me alone in my hotel room and the cleaning lady didn't even knock!! She walks right in demanding that we leave because she needed to clean the room. I understand that she needs to do her job but the way she just walked into a room like an animal was totally un called for. I have absolutely nothing good to say about this place. The rooms were ok but I would rather stay at a motel 6 then ever deal with these rude morons EVER again!!!!!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank JustineNassaucounty
hpgc, General Manager at Hyatt Place Garden City, responded to this review, February 16, 2013
Justine, I sincerely apologize for any inconvenience that you may have incurred during your stay. If you are available, I would appreciate the opportunity to speak with you and further discuss your experience. We strive to ensure that all of our hotel guest enjoy a peaceful and blissful stay. If there is any way that we may rectify this experience with our brand and property, please contact me, I look forward to speaking with you about this matter.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Garden City
Long Island Marriott
#1 of 1 in Uniondale
Hilton Garden Inn Westbury
Viana Hotel & Spa, BW Premier Collection

Been to Hyatt Place Garden City? Share your experiences!