“Large Clean Rooms”

Hyatt Place Garden City
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Garden City
Reviewed February 26, 2013

Stayed here for a wedding, the hotel has very large and clean rooms. The hotel staff was very nice and helpful. It seems to be a relatively new hotel so it was a little difficult to find but that was not a big deal. Additionally their food was very good. They did not have room service but I ordered a club sandwich that was delicious, and they had a decent breakfast the next morning. I would recommend this hotel as a nice place to stay if you’re in that neighborhood and need a good hotel. Enjoy!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Christopher S

Reviewed February 14, 2013

I stayed at this hotel for a business trip and was pleasantly surprised at the condition of the place. Sometimes the pictures on the internet look great but when you arrive you are disappointed, not the case here. The lobby was clean and had plenty of seating and the staff always makes an attempt to greet you on your way in and out.

I have seen other reviews where people complain about not being able to find the place on their GPS. Again, not the case with mine. The hotel is situated on a side road away from the traffic on the main road which makes for a nice quiet stay.

The only criticism I have is that the breakfast offering is less than appetizing. Don't bank on it.

I would absolutely recommend this hotel and would stay here again. Good job Hyatt.

• Stayed: February 2013
1  Thank Michael G
Reviewed February 9, 2013

ABSOLUTELY HORRENDOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I don't even know where to begin.I do want to say that I NEVER write reviews unless they're good but I would never want another bride to have to go through what my bridesmaids and I had to go through!! I had a block of rooms for my wedding. First of all, a year before the wedding when I was planning everything, they would never call me back. Finally when I went there to pick up the hotel cards for the invitations every person was clues. They were all either rude or a total moron. When I came closer to the wedding I had at least 10 guest call me and tell me that there weren't anymore rooms (only because I had many out of towners and they were asking if there was a hotel near by that I knew of off hand). I called the woman (who I mentioned above that is impossible to get in touch with) and she said that there were 12 rooms left and that they must have made a mistake!!!!! IT GETS WORSE!!! My bridesmaids and I arrived the night before the wedding and when we walked in absolutely no one helps us!!! My dress was huge and took 2 people to carry it. The next day we were getting ready and wanted to toast with mimosas. We asked for orange juice....they made it seem like I was asking for a free room!!! LASTLY.... and this is by far the most disgusting thing I've ever experienced from someone who was providing a service to me. My photographer was getting shots of me alone in my hotel room and the cleaning lady didn't even knock!! She walks right in demanding that we leave because she needed to clean the room. I understand that she needs to do her job but the way she just walked into a room like an animal was totally un called for. I have absolutely nothing good to say about this place. The rooms were ok but I would rather stay at a motel 6 then ever deal with these rude morons EVER again!!!!!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank JustineNassaucounty
hpgc, General Manager at Hyatt Place Garden City, responded to this reviewResponded February 16, 2013

Justine, I sincerely apologize for any inconvenience that you may have incurred during your stay. If you are available, I would appreciate the opportunity to speak with you and further discuss your experience. We strive to ensure that all of our hotel guest enjoy a peaceful and blissful stay. If there is any way that we may rectify this experience with our brand and property, please contact me, I look forward to speaking with you about this matter.

Reviewed January 4, 2013

We've stayed at the Hyatt Place Garden City twice now--once in October, and now for New Year's Eve--and both times for a single night in a 2-queen bedded room. Although I have a few minor complaints later in this review, we are definitely planning to stay here again as our "quick break near home" hotel. The people working there are consistently friendly, courteous, and interested in being helpful at all hours of the day and night. The rooms are on the large side, with the bedroom area separated from a sitting area with a small partition. The sitting area has contemporary-appearing couches. The TV truly is huge at 42" for this room. The linens are always very clean and the beds well made. Although one can hear noise from the hall, for the New Year's stay, the front desk had everyone signing a quiet policy agreement which stated several different ways and in capital letters that there was to be NO partying in the rooms and that quiet was to reign in most other parts of the hotel too. On both occasions, we heard no noise from the adjoining rooms or from outside, and on this occasion, the only noise we heard from the hall were closing doors. The reason I didn't give this property a 5-dot rating is because the wallpaper in the bathroom this time around had a suspicious stain at around the level where someone's head could have been and on the last stay, the bathroom wallpaper was beginning to peel just a little bit. However, everything else about the bathrooms were clean and in excellent condition. Our kids had fun in the pool both times, and the breakfast (included with the room fee) was solid: egg croissant sandwiches with spinach and mushrooms; an egg sandwich on English muffin with Canadian bacon; cereals and other standard breakfast foods. The only downside was that the breakfast ended at 10 am on New Year's Day. While fully consistent with posted schedules, it was a little bit too early. Finally, people should be aware that the hotel is located near shopping within walking distance but on a street that is industrial. So in general, unless one plans to stay put at the hotel the whole time, this is definitely an area that you will need a car for. It is convenient to major highways and major surface roads.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank wanderingmom50
Reviewed December 24, 2012

family stay at the hotel for the weekend and very impressed with the helpful staff, exceptionally clean bathroom, carpeting and bed. The sleeper sofa in the room was in need of some cleaning but otherwise we had no major complaints. bathroom was small but with us cleanliness is much more important.
There is a small work-out room and a good free breakfast- as well as an area where you can order sandwiches and desserts.
Parking is free. Would definitely stay there again. hotel is fairly new.
Of note- the hotel is located off Old Country Road (great shopping and restaurants) but North Avenue is a slightly "seedy" looking block. (heating/ air conditioning in room noisy)

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank 4cheerysmile
Reviewed December 24, 2012 via mobile

Very spacious rooms, comfortable beds, awesome breakfast. The kids had so much fun in the pool, we had to leave because the lights went out at closing time.
All kinds of shopping and eateries available a stones throw away.

• Stayed: December 2012
2  Thank Jason F
Reviewed December 7, 2012

I recently had the pleasure of staying at the Hyatt Place hotel in Garden City. The room was spacious enough for 3 people to share comfortably. There is a laundry room, free wi-fi, and a complementary breakfast included. The breakfast was not as robust as other Hyatt Place hotels, but it was consistently fresh and well stocked with fresh fruit, breakfast sandwiches freshly made, and other hot and cold cereals. The staff was always helpful and friendly. There is a small bar set up in the lobby which people seemed to enjoy. The hotel is located within a short walk of several restaurants and a large off-price shopping center which included Nordstrom's Rack among others. It was not very far from a LIRR to get into Manhattan. i would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
Long Island Marriott
#1 of 1 in Uniondale
SpringHill Suites Carle Place Garden City
Viana Hotel & Spa, BW Premier Collection

Been to Hyatt Place Garden City? Share your experiences!