“Great service, excellent beds”

Hyatt Place Garden City
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Garden City
Sammamish, Washington
“Great service, excellent beds”
Reviewed November 21, 2011

My husband and I agreed we've never slept so well in a hotel. The beds are PERFECT. The room was absolutely clean, and so nice and quiet. The staff was amazing, too. They do go out of their way to help you, and to make sure you have what you need. For example, when the touch-screen gadget they have to order a customized hot breakfast would not accept my room card, a staff member came out and wrote down my order, brought my food personally and then made sure everything was OK. That evening, when a group of men crowded the bar - leading the bartender to take their orders before mine, because she didn't see me waiting - the manager came over and gave me one heckuva complementary free drink along with multiple apologies. The staff is obviously trained in all the niceties and are quite professional. Would definitely stay there again! My only (minor) complaint is that the closet is rather awkwardly placed with half of it sort of behind the sink; maybe something to be aware of if you have a lot of clothes. Everything else was great!

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Reviewed November 19, 2011

This hotel is one of the cleanest hotel is have ever go. The rooms are very clean and everything is really nice. The people are really nice. There was this morning that unfortunately, I had over slept, and I missed breakfast, but what was really nice was when this young man, I can't remember his name. This young man just helped me eat. Eventhough breakfast was over, yet he was still giving me food. Hotel is the best!

• Stayed November 2011
Springfield, Missouri
Reviewed November 1, 2011

I stayed at the Hyatt while working in New Hyde Park, NY. The hotel is close to the freeway, but I did not have freeway noise as it is tucked on a back street. My room was clean and comfortable. I like the Hyatt Place rooms as they have a sitting area other than the bed. The room had a refrigerator, but not a microwave. They do have a microwave down in the breakfast area if you need one, as well as plates and silverware in case you get food to go and want to heat it up. They have Starbucks coffee available for purchase 24 hours and also a bar if you want a drink until about midnight I think. They have a kiosk menu with things like burgers, sandwiches and nacho's if you do not feel like going out. Fresh fruit is also available for free if you need a healthy snack. You are close to the mall and have many restaurants to choose from in the area. They have a nice clean fitness room if you want to work out with an eliptical machine, treadmills with televisions built in, and an exercise bike as well as weights.

The staff was great. From the time I checked in they made me feel welcome and helped me with a list of restaurants. I would definitely stay here again if I had a business trip in this area. My only wish was for a microwave in the room.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank Nanpacific
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed September 26, 2011

Visiting NYC and also some relatives in Oyster Bay after. I have stayed at Hyatt before in other cities and found this lived up to expectations and then some. The Hotel is located right next to Mineola Train Station ( a two -three minute drive) which was PERFECT. The Room we were in was Spotless. I am paranoid about filth and bed bugs and immediately upon entering the room, pulled back the sheets and mattress to take a look. Everything was sparkling clean, and shower stall/bathroom (very nice large stall with glass doors and tile work) was immaculate. Hotel was booked due to the conference at the UN in the city but was very very quiet. I didnt hear a thing and I am a light sleeper. We were on the top floor, room 606. It overlooks the parking lot and a view of Garden City. The staff at the desk upon check in and check out was friendly and smiling. Breakfast (free) isnt that wonderful as far as selection goes, Bagels, coffee, toast, cereal and fruit. However there is a Panera Bread and Bakery around the corner. I would recommed this hotel to anyone who wants to visit NYC or Who needs to for business. I know that there is a pool area and a weight room/gym, but since we were up early both days and headed out for sightseeing we did not see either, so I cannot comment on those. There is free wi/fi in the rooms, But we didnt use it. I would like to see the Hotel have a better cable/satellite system. this is my only complaint. The Channels available are on some strange network that HYATT has that wont let you surf and see what the show is at the same time, you will see what I mean when you stay there.. other then this (minor issue) I will be staying here again when I go back to NYC..

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Stella41476
Tampa
Reviewed September 23, 2011

I traveled for business and needed a convenient place to stay for overnight. I chose this hotel due to it's location to where I needed to be and brand recognition. It is somewhat of an industrial area ...near Roosevelt Field (Shopping Mall). The staff was great and the room and room service was really good. If I ever need to go back to the area for business or pleasure, I will definately stay here.

Room Tip: Dont stay for the view outside...it is somewhat of an industrial area.
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
syracuse
Reviewed September 19, 2011

Although the hotel is in what looks like an industrial area, it is quite nice and close to many restaurants and a mall. We arrived rather late after a long drive, and it was really nice to be able to order from a kiosk menu - burgers, pizza, salad, nachos, etc. The room was very spacious and SO clean. Shower was huge, and there was a refrigerator and coffee maker. The beds were very comfortable and sheets were crisp and clean.

the downside concerned noise - the fan was very loud in the room, but you might actually want it on for white noise as the walls seem very thin - we could hear the partying from one room, the family with small children down the hall, etc. Not a huge deal, except the partyers went on until 3:30 Am.

Room Tip: make sure you choose a floor that does not house a wedding party
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank mfsyracuse
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed September 17, 2011

New hotel, very nicely designed rooms,large flatscreen. But most impressive was the consistent friendliness of the staff. Truly standout and unusual.

• Stayed September 2011
Long Island Marriott
#1 of 1 in Uniondale
Viana Hotel & Spa, BW Premier Collection
SpringHill Suites Carle Place Garden City

Been to Hyatt Place Garden City? Share your experiences!