“Love this hotel, first choice when coming to LI!”

Hyatt Place Garden City
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Garden City
Chicago, Illinois
“Love this hotel, first choice when coming to LI!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 9, 2011

I come here often for work and the staff is amazing. They are helpful, funny and give off a great vibe. The rooms are always clean. I wish that hotels in general had better fitness rooms.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Kirkville, NY
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 4, 2011

We received a nice offer to stay at this hotel, so we did for 1 night only. Check-in went very well, very helpful and got us a good room. The room was very modern and I liked the way the TV could be viewed in the 2 areas. Nice coffee area, not taking up room near the sink area. Beds were good and the room was clean. Breakfast was good too, it needs some sweet muffins or something like it. Only thing was that we had to re-log to the internet each time.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Broadalbin, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 25, 2011

I have stayed at several other hotels in the area and this is the best one yet! The decor is modern and the rooms are very spacious, clean, and comfortable. They offer free Wi-Fi and huge flat screen TVs with a great sitting area in the room. Their rates are reasonable too. I will definitely stay here next time I'm in the area!

• Stayed November 2010, traveled with family
Wallingford, CT
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 29, 2011

A clean, well maintained facility. We stayed for 5 days and had no problems whatsoever. The staff was very friendly and accommodating, the breakfast buffet was always stocked with plenty of food (despite the fact that we often came down later in the morning), and the pool and fitness area were clean. Although the hotel is in a weird area, off the main road and in an industrial section, you're only a few minutes away from plenty of attractions and restaurants. We will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Rockledge, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 18, 2011

The staff is the nicest and most helpful compared to any hotel that I have stayed at in my many travels. They always make you feel right at home. Property, lobby, and rooms are kept very clean!

Room Tip: Most of the rooms are about the same. Choose a low number to get in the back corner of the hotel if...
Charlotte, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 21, 2011

If I had to live in a Hotel, this would be the Hotel I would live in!

Staff is welcoming and go out of their way to way to make you feel as comfortable as possible while staying at their facility.

Plenty of restaurants near by to offer numerous options to dine or simply sit at the bar and order food 24/7. It's nice to be able to leave work and drive directly back to the hotel versus fighting LI traffic to eat dinner!

Rooms are awesome! Huge HDTV and spacious sectional to relax on.

Hong Kong, China
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 18, 2011

I frequently stay at Hyatt Place whenever I travel since Hyatt overall offers a good Goldpassport program and Hyatt Place has always offered a reliable prdocut and competitive rates. I have stayed at this Garden City location twice within the last 6 months, and the last experience echoes that of the previous reviewer (frequentstaydude). You may note that from my previous reviews (over 50 so far) that I do not rate properties poorly easily, but this is a major exception.

The problem started when we arrived at 3:15pm for our check-in. The official check-in time was 3:00pm. Upon our arrival, we used the automated kiosk since those are even quicker than the manned desk if everything works smoothly. One of the staff quickly started screaming across the lobby that they had no king rooms available. While I got my room (since I always pick two beds), my colleague who got one bed was without a room. I asked her what was meant by no kings available, and she just repeated it several times without helping us or checking our reservation. After some more exchange, we finally understood that no kings were available yet as the clean-up has not been completed. This is unacceptable in my opinion as the check-in time is 3:00pm so how could we be one of the first to arrive and not be able to get a room at all? It also showed laziness of the staff because my colleage didn't mind swapping for double beds, but she didn't even care to look to see if this was possible. There is really very little chance that every room reserved had a preferred bed type. Her unhelpful attitude was simply atrocious. Worst of all, she never offered an apology on the hotel's behalf and trying to calm the customer by saying that a room would be available as soon as possible. It seemed like that by showing up before the room was ready (despite past the check-in start time), we, the customers (both Hyatt platinums), were the guilty party.

Eventually, another staff offered him a glass of wine and an apology the way it should have been done, but the bad feeling was there already.

The next day, I asked for an envelope from the front desk and another staff was so unfocused on my request that he ran through the drawer nonchalantly without finding me one. I had to point out where the stationery was in his drawer myself to get the envelopes. That same staff person eventually went out the back door to take care of another matter, leaving the front desk entirely empty for several minutes. What kind of service can you expect from a place like this? By the way, this staff person does not look at you when talking...talk about lacking basic manners.

Breakfast refill of items were also slow and things ran out several times. Finally, there were two computer terminals in the lobby but one of them never worked.

Otherwise, it is just like any Hyatt Place with good hardware facilities in a quiet location. Note that even though shops and a mall is within sight, you have to have a car realistically to go to them.

Overall, this is one of my worst experiences ever. Hardware problems at hotels can be fixed, but not the uncaring attitude of the management. There is a Hampton Inn next door, or try the Hilton Garden Inn which is within walking distance to the mall.

4 Thank SammyF1oyd
#3 of 4 in Garden City
Viana Hotel & Spa, BW Premier Collection
SpringHill Suites Carle Place Garden City
Hilton Garden Inn Westbury

Been to Hyatt Place Garden City? Share your experiences!