“Like eating dirt”

Got a photo?
Add it.
The Cupcake Corner
Good for: Families with children
Description: All goods are baked on premises fresh every morning. We only use the finest ingredients, no artificial preservatives or additives. We specialize in cupcakes, muffins, croissants, wraps, cakes, pies, and we make our own ice cream. We also have specialty teas and coffees, and gourmet homemade hot cocoa in two flavors.
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Like eating dirt”
Reviewed August 3, 2013

A friend recently brought me a dozen of these cupcakes. I was extreamly excited as I am a huge fan of magnolias in the city and its nice to have some local competition. All I can say is wow. I took one bite out of a chocolate rasberry and it did not taste anytbing like chocolate or rasberry. The consistancy of the cake was very dry and the actual taste was awfull. It was as if I had dirt in my mouth. I don't know how these ppl stay in buisness and for the 3.95 they charge for one of these poop treats, I hope all of you save your money.

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank rbutera

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Make your own at home!!”
Reviewed August 3, 2013

I found this on groupon and was very excited. I live an hour away but decided to take the trip to try these cupcakes. I wish I saved my gas and just went to the grocery store and bought 3 day old cupcakes instead of these! Out of a dozen i bought 3 raspberry chocolate cupcakes and I tried a bite and it was just the worst dessert I have ever had. So I tried another flavor and unfortunately just as bad. After trying these horrible things I looked at the reviews from past customers, I should have checked before I bought the groupon. I did notice the owner was trying to defend the negative feedback on about half the posts. I feel she should get off the phone or computer and get back in the kitchen and figure out where she went wrong.

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank Tbigred814
wantagh
“cupcakes not good”
Reviewed May 15, 2013

i bought a dozen cupcakes .ihad a groupon offer. the cupcakes were very dissappionting. the cake part not moist, very dry and not flavorful at all. the only thng that semi tasted the flavor of the cupcake was the frosting and even that wasnt good. not worth the money or the calories. i had served them on Mother's Day and my sister didn't try one when i asked her why she said they didn't look appealing, everyone who tried the had a negative comment also. ironically i had a mini cupcake the next day brought into work by another cupcake store and it was 100 x times better than these cupcakes .sorry i bought this offer

• Visited May 2013
2 Thank dondonWantagh
“Great experience with staff but the cupcakes..not so much.”
Reviewed April 9, 2013

We went because of Groupon. Thankfully I was using Groupon otherwise I'd be really upset on wasting $ on a dozen cupcakes. The staff (teens) were very nice and cheerful. My husband had a red velvet and when I asked how it was, he replied "eh ok, doesn't seem fresh." So I bit into mine and thought hmm, yea doesn't seem so fresh but then realized that it's not because the cupcakes are not fresh but the cupcakes had more of a muffin consistency; very dense and crumbly. I wasn't too keen on the taste, had better supermarket cupcakes and I don't like those either. Not coming back.

• Visited April 2013
1 Thank GCgal88
Franklin Square, New York
“What a Disappointment...Stay Away!”
Reviewed March 29, 2013

My daughter and I visited The Cupcake Corner on New Hyde Park Rd. in Garden City, NY; she wanted to go so I thought we would give it a try. I'm very sorry that we did.

The woman behind the counter, who was supposedly the owner, was curt and downright rude to us...not the manner in which one would expect the proprietor of a child-oriented business to behave.

Regarding the product, the cupcakes we ordered were dry - they actually seemed stale - and overpriced.

The entire experience was a major let-down and The Cupcake Corner is not a place we would ever feel comfortable in recommending.

• Visited February 2013