“Very nice”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed February 16, 2012

Small, intimate, spotless. Great food. Use it with clients on a regular basis. Owner, Ronnie, is usually around and makes sure that all is in order. Try the wonderful appetizers.

Reviewed February 3, 2012

My friend and I returned to Calagero's hoping for more of the subtle food we had had in the past. It was not to be. Although she requested that the meat sauce on her ravioli be less beefy, it came with chunks of steer (someone in the kitchen wasn't listening) and the ravioli was dull. My plate of sausage, broccoli rabe, and tomatoes would have been OK had the tomatoes been alive at some point in their brief lives rather than pink tasteless chunks. I have no complaint with the waitstaff, who were exemplary. But when I said something to the owner on the way out about the tomatoes, he got huffy -- I don't know how you say that in Italian -- and wanted to show me the receipt from where he purchased the tomatoes. Even as a rudimentary cook, I know that when tomatoes aren't in season, one uses sun-dried, or deep red canned San Marzano -- this shows a basic misunderstanding of what good cooking is. My friend and I concluded that we could have had a much more satisfying meal at our respective homes -- half the cost and none of the attitude from the owner. Addio, Calagero's -- another restaurant slides into mediocrity.

Reviewed January 29, 2012

The food is great. But the very bright lighting takes the romanceness out if dinner. The waitress Barbara walks by 3 times and never asks if I'd like another glass of wine. And the restaurant itself reminds me of those railroad apartments....long n narrow. Weird. This restaurant has potential. But the infrastructure,staff, and ambiance kill it. Sorry

Reviewed December 19, 2011

I went to lunch here with my managers. The food was very good. The service was excellent, we were not rushed at all. I would go here again.

Reviewed June 28, 2008

Just came back from dinner here, the food was pretty good,but the restarurant was way too hot... as we walked in, it seems warm, but I thought that it would be cooler as we entered, that was not the case... the worse thing is to have to eat when hot, I was literally sweating... so I packed my dinner to go and only had a few bites.. and mentioned this to our waitress, she totally agreed and said she was "dying".. I asked if this was normal, she said No... not sure if I would return.