“The owner Ivan is rude and yells at pregnant women! Will never eat here again!!!!”

Rachel's Waterside Grill
Ranked #6 of 103 Restaurants in Freeport
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Front Street
Reviewed April 30, 2013

Ok here goes. My husband and I have enjoyed eating at Rachel's and found the food to be good, so we decided to have my baby shower at this establishment. However, the service was horrible, it took over 40 minutes to get our lunch order; which consisted of tuna salad, grilled chicken sandwich with fries, and skirt steak sandwich with fries. Nothing about this order should have taken that long. There was nothing fancy or intricate. I should have paid attention to other reviews about the service. I understand that it was the weekend of their reopening after the hurricane.

However, we waited for over 5 minutes before the waitress came to take our order needless to say it took the bus boy 15 minutes to bring us water. People who came after us were getting their food before us. Finally we all got up from the table and spoke with the hostess and were about to leave when the waitress came running out with our food. The waitress attempted to make up some excuse as to why our food took so long. She stated that cold food takes longer than hot… Really? Since when does a salad take longer to make than grilled chicken? Then they were overly attentive to our table whereas before you could not get anyone over to us to even inquire about our food and why we were waiting so long. They even rushed over to us to clean up our dishes when we just got our plates.

When I went to speak with the owner of the establishment, a guy called Ivan he was extremely rude to me and started to yell at me. I am 7 months pregnant and a grown woman that did not appreciate being yelled at in public, for the sake of my child I kept my composure. However, the owner stated to my face “big deal, so what you had to wait a little longer for your lunch” then he proceeded to say “don’t talk to me, you need to talk to Leticia who handles this stuff”. Now here is the best part my husband and I were just there the night before finalizing things with the baby shower and we spoke to Ivan face to face, so it’s not like he did not know who I was. I attempted to explain to him that I was not happy and could not have this type of service at my baby shower and that I was concerned. Once again he yelled in my face stating that “I don’t deal with this stuff you need to deal with Leticia”.

All I can say is that if you cannot talk and handle customers in a professional manner than you do not need to own an establishment that is in hospitality. My husband and I will never darken the doorway of this establishment again, we will not give our hard earned money to some guy who yells at pregnant woman and is nothing but rude!

3  Thank kateyes7

Reviewed April 8, 2013

first,you have to realize that Woodcleft Canal in Freeport is a street two football fields long & filled with restaurants, not a one of any quality. Stay away. If you want to come to Long Island for the seafood, check the ones up in Port Washington & Oyster Bay.

1  Thank tmh_longisland
Reviewed February 10, 2013

Was not impressed with this place, I went to the restaurant to celebrate an anniversary and thought the food to be average.

1  Thank jilly912
Reviewed January 18, 2013

Beautifully decorated and very comfortable dining room, creative menu and delicious food. One of the few restaurants on the mile that are open year round

1  Thank RoadTripper309
Reviewed January 9, 2013

The Octoberfest menu was a bit disappointing. My veal was dry and overcooked. The restaurant was very crowded and the service was just fair. The portions were big and we asked for the leftovers to be wrapped, but the "doggie bags" were given back to the wrong people at the table- I got my friend's husbands leftovers.