“A little pricey”

The Freeport Inn and Marina
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Freeport
Reviewed June 29, 2013

Although this is more of a Motel rather than a Hotel, It was clean and plenty of room. The Patio Restaurant was amazing!!! I didn't mind paying the $$$$, The food was the best I have had in a long time. I also loved that smokers were not banished to a corner but had a Large area with wicker furniture to relax and have drinks around the fire pits. The staff was great .

Room Tip: Our room was on the second floor close to the road and marina but it was not noisy at all. I would b...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank sweetjazoo

Reviewed June 24, 2013

I called Nicole to tell her that I needed to cancel my reservation. She told me that the reservation cancellation was 48 hours prior or they couldn't cancel it. I had never heard of such a thing. I asked so what happens now? She responds, We charge your card. I asked, For how much? She replied, FOR THE FULL AMOUNT OF YOUR STAY.
WHAT!?
I told her that that was ridiculous that John had told me 24 hours notice. I could have sworn that was what he said, I now know it's 48 hours. She proceeded to hang up on me SIX TIMES. I finally spoke to Erica who apologized and said that I need to speak to John, who I made my original reservation with, to cancel. I needed to call back at 4:30pm. I rearranged my flight so that I could cancel and get him live and not have the full amount of $965.00 put on my card. I call back and John doesn't know I had to call him when he's not the Manager, he wouldn't give me the owners name and told me that he couldnt' cancel my reservation, but would have me down as a "no show".
For the amount that they charge - $965.00 for five nights - do yourselves a favor, go to a real hotel with actual concierge that know how to handle customers. It's not about losing $165.00. The point is that that they don't know their own policies, their staff should be employed working with weeds instead of customers, and the only reason I was coming there is because it's three minutes from my family home. I was warned not to go to this dump.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo
4  Thank Johanna F
freeportmarina, Manager at The Freeport Inn and Marina, responded to this reviewResponded August 15, 2013

This guest was informed of the 48 hour cancellation policy at the time of her reservation and was emailed a confirmation stating this policy.

Unfortunately she had trouble grasping the timeline and refused to accept these terms. In fact she took it upon herself to call no less than twenty times, giving the person on duty no choice but to eventually not except her repeated calls.

Our staff always treats our customers in a professional manner, but this guest decided to become a disruption to our business rater than except the responsibility of the one night penalty, which was agreed upon when her reservation was confirmed.

Reviewed May 20, 2013

I have been to this hotel many times over the past 2 years. My husband and I stay for 1 night to visit an elderly aunt. Thus far, we have been satisfied with the accommodations. The rate has always been average, and the rooms as well. This past weekend the only room available was the "Retro" room. This unfortunately, was not a pleasant experience. The room was supposed to be a modern and newly renovated room. It had no closet which was not only an inconvenience, but very strange. It also had no phone or clock! The price was also very expensive at $200 for the night! In the past the "regular' rooms that we have stayed in were at least $60 less per night,and had the "normal' creature comforts that are usually standard in a hotel room! (phone, clock and closet area).

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed May 15, 2013

When we booked the Freeport Inn and Marina all we had to go by was there site. We just wanted a Saturday and Sunday night away. Don't be fooled. The pics on the site are much MUCH better then the actual place itself. 1st off that pretty room you see on the site? It doesn't exist. It must have been a "mock up" room for the site. We paid $120 a night through a booking site.

Upon arriving we we're disappointed. We were told we couldn't cancel - not even the 2 nd night- since we went through a 3rd party. The portly gentleman behind the counter said he would 'upgrade' us for free and we would have a view of the marina. That ended up being a bunch of bs!

Upon arriving to the "upgraded" room we found the door wide open. The room was made up but there was a half drank diet coke in the fridge! Also our view was of the back of the kitchen vents and a boat lot and not of the so 'marina' which was more like an inlet.

In the restaurant there we had a small ( one person size) veggie pizza which they charged $16 dollars for and looked like it came out of a microwave and rated like cardboard.

The 2 nd night was even worse! Being Sunday night we wanted to get to sleep so went back early unfortunately we found out it was 'Latin Night'. The music was so loud it sounded like the wals were made of printer paper. I called the front desk, from my cell phone since the room had no land line, and spoke to the same portly gentleman. This time he told me that the band was only till 10pm and the music inside would play till 2am! He then said in a condesending way that we could move our room. It was already 9:45 so I figure I would wait it out as I didn't feel like packing up all my stuff and lugging it to another room. 10pm came and went and the music was the same volume! I was kept awake till 2AM!

Also the continental breakfast isn't one at all. It's a carb breakfast. Only bagels, 3 sugary cereals, and waffles. No fruit or anything else. I went around and took pics. Please take a look. I highly advise anyone thinking of booking here not to do so unless they have no other choice!

• Stayed: May 2013
5  Thank Joannasorama
freeportmarina, Manager at The Freeport Inn and Marina, responded to this reviewResponded May 24, 2013

The picture you saw was that of the Superior Room, which does exist and has been rented several times.
The Retro room we selected for you is new from top to bottom. We are sorry that the retro decor was not to your liking.
We were surprised to here that you were not comfortable with the noise resonating from the Patio Lounge. We are continuously monitoring the sound levels. The particular nights you stayed with us had very low levels after 10PM.
We also find it unnecessary to use any adjectives when it comes to describing any of our employee's appearance.
The bottom line is that we are disappointed that you did not enjoy your stay with us, as we strive for 100% customer satisfaction.

Reviewed May 7, 2013

I flew to JFK from England for a gig at Jones Beach, I know NYC very well but not so much the surrounding areas as I don't drive. I booked The Freeport Inn and Marina based on feedback from this website and I knew I wouldn't be spending much time at the actual hotel, it would just be a base to come back to after the gig.

The staff were lovely and friendly and even when I emerged from my room late the next morning after shamefully sleeping in, they'd kept me some breakfast, made me a coffee, recommended taxi companies to take me to the LIRR station and generally helped me all round.

As a solo female traveller on a budget it's not all about 5* luxuries and frills and fancies. It's about feeling safe, looked after and well-rested. And I felt very looked after during my stay.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank Sam H
freeportmarina, Manager at The Freeport Inn and Marina, responded to this reviewResponded May 22, 2013

Thank you for remembering us. We appriciate you kind words.

Reviewed April 24, 2013

I was in desperate need of a place to stay and that's the only reason I stayed in the rundown, overpriced hotel. The décor is terrible. There is no value for the $225 charged for a single night. Ants were crawling around the bathroom. There was no place to hang up clothing. The bed was average.

I wasn't murdered in my sleep is the best thing I can say about the place; i.e. the room and parking area seemed safe.

Room Tip: Stay someplace else.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank AndrewOcean
freeportmarina, Manager at The Freeport Inn and Marina, responded to this reviewResponded May 2, 2013

Our staff was never informed of an ant problem. We certainly would have taken care of the issue if informed.
The guest forgot to mention that he occupied a Jacuzzi room which reflects a higher rate than that of a standard price.
We are sorry that he was not pleased with the decor. We have rented this particular room several times in the past without a complaint.
Perhaps this review was written because of the higher rate that was paid.

Reviewed March 24, 2013

Stayed at the Freeport Inn on a recent trip to Long Island. Would rank it among the same as a quality Inn. Its an OK place to stay for a single night but anything more and I would go with something else. The place does have parking and is located next to the patio restaurant which gets good reviews, I didn't get a chance to eat here. Best way to describe the rooms is it feels like going back in time to the 1970's with wood panelling and old carpets.

Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Alandres154
Also consider these accommodations in or near Freeport
Ramada Rockville Centre
Ramada Rockville Centre
#4 of 4 in Rockville Centre
4 mi away
Best Western Mill River Manor
Best Western Mill River Manor
#2 of 4 in Rockville Centre
Hampton Inn & Suites by Hilton Rockville Centre
Hampton Inn & Suites by Hilton R...
#1 of 4 in Rockville Centre
#1 of 2 in Long Beach
Long Island Marriott
Long Island Marriott
#1 of 1 in Uniondale

Been to The Freeport Inn and Marina? Share your experiences!