“Friendly and personal service”

The Freeport Inn and Marina
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Freeport
Uk
“Friendly and personal service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 7, 2013

I flew to JFK from England for a gig at Jones Beach, I know NYC very well but not so much the surrounding areas as I don't drive. I booked The Freeport Inn and Marina based on feedback from this website and I knew I wouldn't be spending much time at the actual hotel, it would just be a base to come back to after the gig.

The staff were lovely and friendly and even when I emerged from my room late the next morning after shamefully sleeping in, they'd kept me some breakfast, made me a coffee, recommended taxi companies to take me to the LIRR station and generally helped me all round.

As a solo female traveller on a budget it's not all about 5* luxuries and frills and fancies. It's about feeling safe, looked after and well-rested. And I felt very looked after during my stay.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank Sam H
freeportmarina, Manager at The Freeport Inn and Marina, responded to this review, May 22, 2013
Thank you for remembering us. We appriciate you kind words.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
  • Greek first
Jacksonville, Florida
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 24, 2013

I was in desperate need of a place to stay and that's the only reason I stayed in the rundown, overpriced hotel. The décor is terrible. There is no value for the $225 charged for a single night. Ants were crawling around the bathroom. There was no place to hang up clothing. The bed was average.

I wasn't murdered in my sleep is the best thing I can say about the place; i.e. the room and parking area seemed safe.

Room Tip: Stay someplace else.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank AndrewOcean
freeportmarina, Manager at The Freeport Inn and Marina, responded to this review, May 2, 2013
Our staff was never informed of an ant problem. We certainly would have taken care of the issue if informed.
The guest forgot to mention that he occupied a Jacuzzi room which reflects a higher rate than that of a standard price.
We are sorry that he was not pleased with the decor. We have rented this particular room several times in the past without a complaint.
Perhaps this review was written because of the higher rate that was paid.

Travelers are raving about these Freeport hotels

3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 24, 2013 via mobile

Stayed at the Freeport Inn on a recent trip to Long Island. Would rank it among the same as a quality Inn. Its an OK place to stay for a single night but anything more and I would go with something else. The place does have parking and is located next to the patio restaurant which gets good reviews, I didn't get a chance to eat here. Best way to describe the rooms is it feels like going back in time to the 1970's with wood panelling and old carpets.

Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Alandres154
Phoenix, Arizona
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 28, 2013 via mobile

This hotel was paid for by a group that had brought me in, otherwise I probably wouldn't have stayed here. The room I stayed in, 35, had had some serious upgraded in the bathroom. They are very nice, but the rest of yah room had been abandoned. The service was fair. Generally someone at the front desk 24 hours but had serious trouble reaching someone my last day. As with most outdoor entrance motels, the carpet in this room was very dirty at the entrance.

• Stayed January 2013
1 Thank Superevangelist
Plainview, New York
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 18, 2012

My son booked rooms for our wedding party, sight unseen to me. Had I seen the place I never would've have done so. They call themselves a "boatel", but they're really just a seedy motel & a very poorly run one at that. Calls would go unanswered. Promises were made that were not kept. Such as, we were counting on hosting the rehearsal dinner & brunch at the Patio, which is attached, but could not get phone calls returned. We finally found alternatives, which was probably for the best.

One of the reasons my son chose the place is because it overlooks the water & the Patio has a nice bar where our guests could hang out following the reception. Only thing is, the Patio was closed, another promise broken. The bridal suite was never cleaned the 2nd day so the bride & groom returned to their room following the wedding to a dirty room, no clean towels, etc.

My husband checked us into our room. The 1st room he was given stunk. They gave him another room that was unacceptable. We had been promised newly renovated rooms for our guests, but this was definitely not one of them. He was finally offered the manger's room, which was nowhere near our wedding party. Not being able to reach me, he accepted that room. Had I been there I would've told him that we'll just go home. The staff is awful. The place was an embarrassment for our guests. Don't even consider staying there if it's the last place.

And the photos do not give a true portrayal of the place. In reality it looks & is a dive.

Room Tip: Go elsewhere!
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
8 Thank Lea A
freeportmarina, Manager at The Freeport Inn and Marina, responded to this review, April 5, 2013
We take a lot of pride in our establishment and strive for the highest quality in cleanliness and service. We did everything in our power to make her stay compfortable and are sincerely dissapointed with her responce.
We do wish the best of luck and success to her son and daughter in law.
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 7, 2012

We were looking for a reasonable place to stay near Jones Beach. This hotel seemed to fit the bill. Upon arrival, the room had a very strong odor of cleaning chemicals. Despite airing the room out we left smelling like industrial strength deodorizer. I have no idea where the newly tiled the bathroom in the photos is located, our room look nothing like the pictures on the website. To top it off when leaving in the morning I saw an altercation between a guest and 2 guys in the parking lot

• Stayed August 2012
3 Thank John12569
Stow, Ohio
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 27, 2012

If you have been booked here cancel, even if you can't get a refund. When we checked in we went up to the room. Guys hanging around watching us as we went into our room. Thankfully we left our bags in the car. The front door is so outdated without a deadbolt to keep people out. The bedspread looked like something my grandmother had handed down from her mother. There was a strange odor outside the room that smelled like a meth lab next door. As we walked in the room the stench of cleaning solution was sickening. When I booked through Hotwire they said it was equivalent to a Ramada. This place set a new low for me. We booked a room elsewhere forfeiting the money. I would rather sleep on the floor in the lobby of the other hotel than stay at this disgrace of a hotel. Update the locks, walls, bedding, furniture and carpet and clean the room rather than mask whatever you are hiding.

Room Tip: Go elsewhere.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
7 Thank Allen H
Also consider these accommodations in or near Freeport
Ramada Rockville Centre
#1 of 2 in Long Beach
Long Beach Hotel
Long Beach Hotel
#2 of 2 in Long Beach

Been to The Freeport Inn and Marina? Share your experiences!