“Hidden Gem on the waterfront”

The Freeport Inn and Marina
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Freeport
West Roxbury
“Hidden Gem on the waterfront”
Reviewed April 22, 2012

We just spent 2 nights at this hotel and it was so nice! Beautiful quiet area, excellent staff, & super clean accommodations. We had a standard king room with a really comfortable bed and a unique awesome rain shower. The breakfast was great and management was so knowledgeable about the area and in giving us directions. We are down in this area often but this was our first time staying in Freeport & it is truly a much more pleasant experience. Reservations have already been made at the Freeport Inn for our return in May. Very close to both Adelphi & Hofstra Universities. Recommend going to Atlantic Ave/Nautical Mile for dinner.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
  • Greek first
Farmingville, New York
Reviewed April 9, 2012

was re-done. very nice. bedrooms and bathroom were re-done. the restuarant was awesome!!!
only compaint was the pillows... lol's yea next time ill bring my own...

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 7, 2012

Spent 2 nights here. I was pleasantly surprised. I had recently stayed in other motels in the area and the difference is remarkable. For about the same price I got a much more comfortable bed, I felt safer, the rooms were clean, and the rain shower in the bathroom was so relaxing. The staff here go above and beyond and were extremely outgoing and friendly. I was originally going to stay for one night and when I extended it to 2 the man at the front desk upgraded my room for the same price. I would definitely stay here again and recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed April 2012
Forked River, New Jersey
Reviewed March 25, 2012

We purchased a boat at a nearby marina and needed a place to stay while doing some preliminary work on it. Choices in Freeport were limited so we settled on the Freeport Inn and were VERY glad we did! The room was spotless, the mattress extremely comfy (we got the king deluxe) and my wife loved the rain shower (and the waffles for breakfast). The patio restaurant wasn't open for the season yet, so we didn't get to try it, but we'll be back several more times this Spring and I'll report back then. Our thanks, as well to the delightful staff.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
Saint Louis, Missouri
Reviewed March 23, 2012

This place is fantastic! I was amazed by how outgoing the staff was. Hotel is spotless and great location. Right on the water!

Also, fantastic breakfast. I'll be back as soon as possible.

Room Tip: Second floor had beautiful view
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
Hyde Park, New York
Reviewed March 12, 2012

This place reminded of a motel from the way back days. Doorways to the outside landings are sometimes not the best but it was so quiet hear it didn't matter. I was there in the off season so they upgraded my room which they usually do in the offseason. Very nice people at the desk. Nice little continental breakfast in the morning. I would come back here but I don't know what it would be like in the offseason

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
Oceanside, New York
Reviewed March 9, 2012

This is my second time staying here, the first time was new year eve which was amazing. That why I can back a second time everything was wonderful servive was excellent rooms are nice and clean its locate kinda out of the way but close to everthing you need, don't take my word for it give it a try you won't be disappionted

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Freeport
Ramada Rockville Centre
BEST WESTERN Mill River Manor
BEST WESTERN Mill River Manor
#1 of 4 in Rockville Centre
Hampton Inn & Suites Rockville Centre
Hampton Inn & Suites Rockville C...
#2 of 4 in Rockville Centre
Rockville Centre Inn
Rockville Centre Inn
#4 of 4 in Rockville Centre
Red Roof PLUS+ Long Island

Been to The Freeport Inn and Marina? Share your experiences!