“Above and Beyond the Call of Duty..........”

The Freeport Inn and Marina
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Freeport
Reviewed December 13, 2011

As it was the first time my parents had left England on their own (they are elderly), I was hugely concerned about their safety and well-being. Therefore, I phoned the Reception desk to be greeted by an extremely polite and courteous gentleman named Ashad. I enquired about my parents and was met with a quite unexpected response that he had just taken extremely good care of them and had also given them a full tour. What an exceptional human-being and a full credit to The Freeport Inn and Marina!

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank Julian C

Reviewed December 10, 2011

I stayed at this facility during the 4th of July weekend and was very disappointed with the fact that it was a holiday weekend and had to beg for ice, I finally gave up and had to buy some at a local deli. Also, even though my room was toward the front of the building, closer to the street than the restaurant I was kept up all night by the music and drunks that were making it back to there room or cars. The only upside to staying here was it was a hope skip to the beach and to the Nautical Mile, which had great entertainment, restaurants and shops.

I'm not sure I would stay there again especially for the price I paid.

Room Tip: I don't have any tips since it seems anywhere you would stay you would be kept up all night by t...
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 9, 2011

Being a native of the South Shore, now living in Florida, it was strange having to stay at a hotel for an engagement. I couldn't imagine staying on Sunrise Highway or Merrick Road and when I visited Freeport last summer I had a fabulous dinner at the attached restaurant. Having no place to stay for this party I remembered there was a hotel where the restaurant was and decided to give it a try. Being on the water in Freeport during the winter months was just a fabulous as the summer was. The large screen and fire pits with couches made the outdoors cosy and the room was better than staying at any friend. Clean, warm and the staff was great. I would definately stay again!!!!

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed November 22, 2011

Clean, quiet, well-supplied room. Situated in a pleasant neighborhood on the Freeport River.
Management and staff pleasant and efficient.

On a personal note, I inadvertently left two valuable items in the room when I checked out. The maid discovered them and turned them in to management, who safeguarded the items and ultimately shipped them to my home (400 miles away). This speaks to the integrity of the folks running the hotel.

I would patronize The Freeport Inn again and would recommend it to others.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled solo
Reviewed November 10, 2011

The staff, especially Ashok and Paul were extremely helpful and accommodating during our stay. What started as a one night stay, turned into 3 nights. The standard rooms, although a little dated were large and clean. The new owner is continuing renovations on all the rooms. The Deluxe rooms are especially nice, bright and cheery. The Patio Restaurant/Lounge was very nice. Wonderful view. My salmon was excellent! Local near the LIRR and the Nautical Mile. Look forward to visiting again.

Room Tip: The Deluxe room are definitely nicer, although a little too pricey for us this time around.
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
freeportmarina, Front Office Manager at The Freeport Inn and Marina, responded to this reviewResponded November 15, 2011

Glad you enjoyed your stay and we look forward to seeing you soon.

Reviewed September 24, 2011

Make sure to bring your own soap, shampoo, and towels to this place. Strong smell of cleaning solution in the room let me with a major headache each morning. The best part of my stay was when I was packing my bags to leave.

Room Tip: Sleep in the car if possible
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled on business
6  Thank SoftwareKing
freeportmarina, Guest Relations Manager at The Freeport Inn and Marina, responded to this reviewResponded November 15, 2011

We provide our guests with Basic earth Botanical Bath soaps with eucalyptus and lemon myrtle along with shampoo products. Our housekeeping staff was using a new cleaning product for the last week of august and beginning of september that we have decided against. We apologize for any inconvenience this may caused you during your stay and assure you the problem has been resolved.

Reviewed September 12, 2011

Nice room for a quick getaway. Conveniently located near the beach and in walking distance from the Freeport Nautical Mile. Our room had a hot tub (nice!) but no DVD player as advertised. The real drag: checkout was 11, but had said 12 on the website. So we were lucky they didn't boot all of our stuff as we got back a little late from the beach! That was odd.

Room Tip: call and confirm that you are getting what you think you are
  • Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Freeport
Gateway Inn
Allegria Hotel
Allegria Hotel
#1 of 2 in Long Beach
Hampton Inn & Suites by Hilton Rockville Centre
Hampton Inn & Suites by Hilton R...
#1 of 4 in Rockville Centre

Been to The Freeport Inn and Marina? Share your experiences!