“Go elsewhere” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of River House Grille

River House Grille
Ranked #44 of 91 Restaurants in Freeport
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Bar, Pub
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: We have reopened River House Grill. (Waterfront dining) River house grille (Waterfront Dining) has New Management, New Menu, New Staff, New Cocktail specials and a New Look. (We still have the Nautical Feel we are famous for) Indoor & Outdoor seating. Every Monday: TRIPLE "M" MONDAYS: 2 for 1 Mojitos, Margaritas,and Mussels! Every Thursday, 2 For 1 Lobster, Clams & Oysters Arrive early Thursdays for our Happy Hour 12:00pm-6:00pm $4.00 (well) Drinks, $5.00 Wine, $3.00 Draft Beer LUNCH SPECIAL: Our chef has added his own flare to our lunch burgers. These are no ordinary burgers. (Our patrons have dubbed them "Monster Burgers"!) 10 oz. ANGUS BURGERS, served with Steak Fries CHAR GRILLED..Lettuce, Tomato, onion, pickle. BREAKFAST BURGER, Fried Egg, Bacon, Cheddar, Fried Onions BUFFALO BURGER..Carrot, Celery, Pickle, Blues Cheese, Buffalo Mayo MEXICAN BURGER..Sliced Avocado, Red Onion, Tomato, Monterey Jack Cheese, Cilantro Jalapeno Sour Cream PHILLY STYLE ..Red Wine Caramelized Onion, Wild Mushroom, Gruyere Cheese, Chipotle BBQ Mayo LUMPCRAB .... Crab Salad, Lettuce, Tomato, Onion, Roasted Chili Lime Mayo Visit us on facebook and on the web for an up to date lists of specials and our live music schedule. We look forward to seeing old friends and to meeting new ones. Please stop by and we welcome a review here on Trip Advisor. River house grille, reads all the reviews and will reply to you.
New York City, New York
“Go elsewhere”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 24, 2013

I've been to this place once in the past and I could remember why I didn't come back sooner. Well my friend reminded me that is was the poor service. Our waiter was horrible. We could never find him. Esp. when my food was undercooked . Well I got the manger's attention and they prepared another lobster tail for me. Meanwhile, all this time the waiter never comes back. It took over 25 minutes to get another glass of water. Good food bad staff

• Visited June 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Marjorie J, Public Relations Manager at River House Grille, responded to this review, April 30, 2014
I am going over all the reviews River house grille has had in the past year. All I can do is apologize for the slow service. The reviews are important and the owner has listened. River house grille has undergone a complete transformation. It is now under " New Management", New staff, New Menu, New Chef, New attitude.
River house grille appreciates your reveiw, even when it's bad. It means we must improve, and we have.
Hopefully, you will stop in when you are on the mile again. I'm sure your experience will be totally different. Our present staff are all about service and happy customers.

River house grille appreciates your business.

Long Island NY
“Just Right”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2013

My friend and I sat at the bar on a sunny and breezy Memorial Day weekend and we ordered the fried calamari ($10) and River House Oysters ($16) Baked & Topped with Spinach, Parmesan & Crisp Bacon. The décor was very bright and welcoming. Nice view of the boats and the water. The bar maid was very talkative and attentive. The fried calamari was very good. It was not chewy or overdone. The sauce was delicious as well. The oysters were really delicious. Just the right amount of bacon and the flavoring was superb. Of course the beer was ice cold! I realize we only tried two appetizers but I can tell they know what they are doing in the kitchen. I would surely recommend this restaurant Apparently this establishment has made a lot of progress since hurricane Sandy. All of the restaurants in this area of Freeport need folks to come and dine. So please come down and enjoy the cool breeze and the festive atmosphere.

• Visited May 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for your wonderful review. River house grille is always happy to hear that we have a satisfied customer. Hope you stop down again this summer.
Inwood, New York
“Dont need a river ,they got a canal!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 24, 2013

We went there on our anniversary on 5/23. We took advantage of the lobster and clam special, 2 of our favorite things. The steamed lobsters were big and juicy , and the clams were clean and cold . Price was quite fair and well worth the ride there.Our server ,Frank, was right on and attentive, as well as the other wait staff. As Gen. George Patton once said, "I shall return" ,and we will .

• Visited May 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for that wonderful review. So glad you enjoyed your visit to the restaurant. We are very happy that you "shall return"...Frank is still there and so is the great food!
freeport NY
“River House Grill: But where's the river?”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 23, 2012

I never got it as to the name of this place but it does get us for dessert after dinner at other places. We like the small outside tables where we people watch and they watch us. We usually see freeport friends and enjoy good coffee and good desserts, though a bit pricey.

Visited July 2012
ny
“We needed noise canceling head phones”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 24, 2012

When we went it was a Friday about 6pm and that was a big mistake. The singles crowd was coming in and the noise became borderline intolerable. Although the other couple complained, they chose to remain. I complained, but no one listened!! So much for dissent !

I guess the food was okay but the atmosphere was so bad that I do not remember whether i enjoyed it or not.

I usually do not review some place that was not good but one has to be careful before you sit down because if the crowd is there and you want some semblance of a quiet atmosphere, you will be disappointed.

Visited August 2011