Edwards Waterhouse Inn
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
$77
$59
$53
Priceline
TripAdvisor
All reviewsbombay roomb bbreakfast menuevery morninggas fireplacefriendly hostsbeautiful tile worksweet breadfresh homemadebaked goodsfabulous breakfastwedding partypleasure of stayingmake you feel at homestayed here for one nightgraduation weekendcomfortable bed
FilterAll languages
Reviewed August 28, 2013

The Inn is so beautiful, warm and homey while at the same time so elegant and decant.
My sister and I had a wonderful time. I can not decide which is the best memory:
The initial delight of exploring the fully restored Inn.
To be greeted and welcomed "home" for the night with a pot of rose tea and delightful conversation, at the end of a very busy day, returning back from the opera house.
The amazing Eggs Benedict and breakfast cheese cake - just breathtaking!
A spacious and comfortable room with a really large bath.
Maggie and Jeff were so delightful and welcoming, the best of hosts.
Indeed a memorable visit.

Room Tip: All the rooms are lovely!
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed August 26, 2013

I stayed at the Edwards Waterhouse Inn for four nights during a recent trip to Lilydale. The owners of this B&B are the most thoughtful, dedicated host I've ever encountered in my extensive B&B travels.

I stayed in the Georgian room (#3) and loved every minute of it. The room is super-cozy and inviting. The bathroom is obviously new and offers all the necessary comforts (unless you're into baths, which I'm not). But the most fabulous feature is the breakfast. When Jeff turns down the bed at night, he leaves a menu on the bed so each guest can pick his or her own breakfast out of four diverse, delicious selections. They also let the guest decide what time he or she would like to eat (usually between 8 and 10 a.m.). As I was there to relax as much as possible, I was thrilled that I wasn't expected to eat breakfast at 7 or 8 a.m. The dining room is set with first class china, silver, and glassware. The homemade jams, courtesy of Maggie, are the best I've ever had. Oh, and I'd kill for her Scottish scone recipe. They are to die for.

The B&B is also within walking distance to the center of Fredonia, which makes for an easy stroll to any restaurants or businesses. They just happened to be hosting the 45 Farm Festival that weekend, so I had a great time going booth to booth and seeing all the local wares.

I so wish I could have stayed a few days longer in order to just rest and absorb the fabulous energy of this magnificent house and its wonderful owners. I hope to get a chance to visit again soon.,

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed August 21, 2013

My wife and i spent one night here in the Bombay Room and everything was great. This was our first B&B experieince and the room was more luxurious than any hotel room we have ever stayed in. We were a bit nervous at first as the first impression from the outside wasn't the greatest. I had already been joking with my wife about ghosts and the outside appearance helped support those thoughts. Jeff, the host was already outside when we arrived and he met us at the car. The extra attention he was providing actually made us more uneasy about our choice. After entering the house, our impression and our worries were completely erased as we saw how beautiful the home was and listening to Jeff explain the history of the house and the restoration work that was done to turn it into a B&B. We were the only guests in the house that weekday night, yet we were still treated to a full cook-to-order breakfast in the morning. The Web site pictures of the rooms are accurate, but they don't do justice to really how wonderful the rooms are. Thanks Jeff for making our first B&B experieince a great one!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 17, 2013

What a beautiful house, with five great rooms- I saw them all! We stayed for two nights in the Bombay room. Very spacious room with a really large bath. This was never just a spare room converted to rental space. Maggie and Jeff were enthusiastic hosts, providing local tips and information that was helpful, a fun history of the house, and a wonderful breakfast both mornings. Unlike many other B&Bs, you have a choice of 4-5 incredible dishes each morning. Maggie is very accommodating and allowed us to choose a dish from the previous days menu, even though she hadn't planned to offer it our second morning. The entire interior of the house has been beautifully restored, although the exterior doesn't completely reflect that, yet. We did drive by on the first pass, as the sign out front is only the initials EWI and there was no apparent house number. We figured it out, but only after we were by it and had to turn around. You are easy walking distance to the downtown area, and local restaurants. We will definitely recommend this B&B.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 13, 2013

All the good things other reviewers have said about the Edwards Waterhouse Inn are true. I stayed in the Bombay Room (#5) for two nights, and my parents stayed in the Blue Room (#1). The rooms are large, clean, and very attractive, and the beds are very comfortable. The Inn is beautifully decorated throughout in a style that combines Victorian with modern touches. The Inn is very quiet and tranquil. The breakfasts were delicious. And the Inn has, of all things, a harpsichord, which I played in the evenings (it’s not audible in the bedrooms). The hosts, Jeff and Maggie, were very friendly and helpful. This is the most pleasant B&B/inn I’ve stayed at. Highly recommended.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family