“it sucked!”

Days Inn Fredonia/Dunkirk
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Fredonia

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
Albany, New York
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 3, 2013

Thank goodness we where there only one night. Rugs need to be re done entirely. The rooms need to be re done entirely. It was something out of the 70s. Window leaked of moisture. It had a musty smell. WII FI did work after a re boot. I was looking for something under a 100 for one night. So I guess I asked for this.
Staff was friendly. If you want to call them that. STAY AWAY !!!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
daysinn05551, Manager at Days Inn Fredonia/Dunkirk, responded to this review, December 3, 2013
Thank you for your feedback. We have begun renovations to areas of our hotel. We will be continuing to do these renovations and hope to have them complete soon. Feedback like yours helps us to determine where we need to focus our renovation efforts. We hope you will give us another chance to serve you.

Sleepy Hollow
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 17, 2013

I stayed at two Days Inn hotels last weekend. The hotel in Dunkirk NY was fine. The hotel in Schenectady had a very nice staff but the lobby, hotel room and elevator all need a good vacuuming. It was not clean.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

daysinn05551, Manager at Days Inn Fredonia/Dunkirk, responded to this review, October 22, 2013
Thank you for your feedback. I am glad your stay at Days Inn Dunkirk-Fredonia was enjoyable. We appreciate your comments and hope you will choose Days Inn Dunkirk-Fredonia again.

Saint Paul, Minnesota
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 15, 2013

After much thought, I am leaving my rating for this location at ‘Average.’ ‘Very good’ would be a stretch.

Check in / check out, the front desk was pleasant, no issues. The room it’s self was clean. I did have two maintenance issues.
1) Wi-Fi was not working anywhere except the lobby. Re-booting the system didn’t help, and seeing others in the lobby on their laptops confirmed it was not ‘my’ issue.
2) No hot water, I ran the sink and the tub for <> 5 minutes before accepting that was all I was going to get. Then as I am finishing up, it gets hot. (not sure where the water-heater is, but I was only three doors from the front desk)

The place looks like it was built as a Best Western / Holiday Inn, something more than the Days Inn. And they seem to be keeping it up quite well. Entry / lobby is ‘very good.’ There is also a huge ‘breakfast area’ that used to be a restaurant, the bar area is not being used right now.

For such a nice area for breakfast area, it was just your basic ‘Daybreak’ breakfast. At 7 AM on a Saturday, not even a ½ dozen people using the 30 plus tables.

Besides my rig, there were two tour buses in the parking lot so there is some ‘truck/bus’ parking, but it is not an area I would try to get a semi into. (But there is a big lot at the Home Depot next door)

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
daysinn05551, Manager at Days Inn Fredonia/Dunkirk, responded to this review, October 17, 2013
Thank you for your feedback. I apologize your stay with us was less then satisfying. Our hotel was built in 1972 as a Holiday Inn it was converted to a Days Inn in the early 80's. Our hotel is dated and we are beginning a renovation which will hopefully be done soon. The renovations will address many of our guests issues. Our breakfast area is one of the largest for the size of our hotel which is nice for our guests to have a comfortable space to enjoy their breakfast. Days Inn will be rolling out a new breakfast program in early 2014 which I feel will better meet our guests dietary needs. We are also in the process of updating our WIFI system. Our current system is a year old and with more and more guests using multiple devises it becomes difficult to keep up with demand. Again I apologize for the inconveniences and hope you will stay with us again.

Property Manager
Also consider these accommodations in or near Fredonia
Comfort Inn
Holiday Motel Westfield
#2 of 2 in Westfield
Hampton Inn & Suites Jamestown
Red Roof Inn Jamestown - Falconer

Been to Days Inn Fredonia/Dunkirk? Share your experiences!