“Vacation”

Days Inn Fredonia/Dunkirk
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Fredonia
Reviewed September 28, 2013 via mobile

Like so many of this class of hotels , this one needs a lot of help also.
The room was big enough , the bed and the pillows were fine.
I am not sure that a refrigerator and microwave helps.
The bathroom is so small with the sink out side. Plastic cups on the sink could help. I use coffee cups.
Coffee maker is nice.
The lobby is very plain and the staff was not very friendly.
The outside could use a clean up and some paint.
The breakfast was OK but the coffee was terrible .
There are nicer hotels in Fredonia

• Stayed: September 2013
daysinn05551, Manager at Days Inn Fredonia/Dunkirk, responded to this reviewResponded October 1, 2013

Thank you for your feedback. Comments like yours helps us to improve. I apologize your stay with us was less then satisfying. We are an economy hotel and we try to provide our guests with a clean comfortable experience at an affordable price. I am pleased to share with you that we are about to begin some much needed updates to our hotel. This includes updates to our exterior as well as updating our guest rooms. We hope to have them complete soon. Thank you again for your feedback.

Reviewed September 26, 2013

Reviewed September 22, 2013

The hotel itself seemed ok. The room I had was clean, but seemed to be in need of some repair. The walls show where lights were removed/moved, the bath needs to be bleached (the calking is grey in many places from age) and furniture was "sticky" from poor cleaning supplies. (I've had the same happen at home with cheap cleaners.)

The wireless was poor - couldn't stay connected long, or if I moved around the room.

But what absolutely SHOCKED me was when I was awaiting transportation after checkout... the morning cleaning staff was standing outside the front door, complaining about work, including MUCH cussing, saying things like they received complaints through management for not "vacuuming behindcthe chairs" and wiping down coatracks, etc. They have jobs. they're getting PAID to do these things. They were complaining about pay, saying they weren't getting enough pay. If they don't do all they're already being paid for, I think they're OVERpaid. One said she was going to go elsewhere for work... another that NY was "the hardest state to get money from" for benefits, insurance, medicare, ...something like that -I did not catch that entire tirade. I believe there are many people who would love the job such as students who need the cash and can work mornings before class - give it to them, because the current staff obviously don't want the job.

3/5 for room
1/5 for staff behavior
2/5 for internet

On the positive side, the late night desk person during my 9/20-9/22 stay was very helpful, which is the ONLY reason they're getting the 3rd point.

Replace the AM cleaning staff, repair drywal, repaint, and use better cleaners.

Oh; and get more WAPs for better signal.

One other note: The CFL bulbs are very poor reading lights and make the rooms a lot more drab in appearance. Get better lights to brighten the room more, and maybe use LEDs. Opening the windows was "enlightening" as the room looked better.

Room Tip: Not the best, but could be a lot worse. Avoid the cleaning staff.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo

Thank you for your feedback. I apologize your stay with us was less then satisfying and for my staffs behavior. I also thank you for bringing this to my attention. Your feedback has helped me address some of the staffing issues I had been recently experiencing. You are right if an employee doesn't want their job there are others out there that want or need a job. Thank you again for bringing this to my attention.

Reviewed September 22, 2013

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business

Reviewed September 21, 2013

Reviewed September 21, 2013

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family

Reviewed September 20, 2013

Room had mold on walls, ceiling and carpet was filthy. Asked for another room, and the next room was just as dirty and the tv was broke. I did not even stay the night but left due to the room being so dirty it was unsafe to have my children sleeping in the room. Asked to speak to manager, kid at front desk just kept saying I don't clean the rooms & the manager comes & goes and was not available.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for your feedback. I apologize that we were unable to accommodate your families needs. I have addressed your complaint with our staff. Feedback such as yours helps us to improve. Thank you again for bringing your feedback to my attention.

Property Manager

Also consider these accommodations in or near Fredonia
Comfort Inn
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Jamestown
Holiday Motel Westfield
Holiday Motel Westfield
#1 of 2 in Westfield

Been to Days Inn Fredonia/Dunkirk? Share your experiences!