“Best Value”

Days Inn Fredonia/Dunkirk
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Fredonia
Reviewed September 11, 2013

We stayed at this motel on our way to Toronto. Dunkirk is a nice lakeside town with a lot to offer. All of the hotels were really high priced for the area except this one. It is much better than your average Motel 6. Not right on the lake, but right next to other stays that were way out of our price range.

• Stayed: July 2013
daysinn05551, Manager at Days Inn Fredonia/Dunkirk, responded to this reviewResponded September 20, 2013

Thank you for your feedback. I am glad your stay with us was enjoyable. Our staff tries to provide our guests with a clean, comfortable, and affordable stay. Our hotel is much cheaper then our competition because we want to offer our guests an affordable option verses charging extra for all the bells an whistles our competition has. We have just what you need with our Deluxe Continental Breakfast with waffle station, complementary high speed WIFI, and comfortable pillow top mattresses. We know budgets are tight and offer the Best Value Under the Sun! Thank you again for your feedback and hope you will choose Days Inn Dunkirk-Fredonia the next time you are in our area.

Reviewed September 9, 2013

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn
daysinn05551, Manager at Days Inn Fredonia/Dunkirk, responded to this reviewResponded October 1, 2013

Reviewed September 5, 2013

The place is getting tired & needs renovation. Room cleanliness left a lot to be desired. Sticky drink marks on some furniture and used towels were left hanging on bathroom door.

Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

Thank you for your feedback. I apologize your stay with us was less then satisfying. I have addressed the housekeeping issues with our staff to prevent this from happening in the future. Feedback like yours helps us improve our guest experiences. Thank you again for bringing these issues to my attention.

Reviewed September 4, 2013

This hotel baited me with a business room for $90 online which was verified by the man at the front desk. He checked me in offering an additional $10 discount but he put me in a room that was not a business class room missing a fridge and microwave. I did not know the difference from standard rooms to business class until I checked out in the morning. He also told me there was a 'full service breakfast included in the morning. So I didn't get the right room for the price. The breakfast was not full service and had no protein just carbohydrates and sugar, waffle iron included, there wasn't even fruit or yogurt. I could not really eat anything but thought I would try to get some waffle down with out syrup. The waffle iron was so cruddy that i tried scraping it down until I gave up. The lack of nutritious breakfast prompted me to ask the difference between business class which is when i found out I had been placed in a regular room. I checked out with my complaints, bait and switch, lack of anything I could eat at breakfast and the cruddy waffle iron. Also the the shower was mildewy. the front end manager who was not friendly at all checked me out stating that I had been charged the right fee for a standard room, sorry about breakfast, they will clean the shower. I was pretty angry but left as I had to get back to Chicago. Upon my return home I started calling the hotel to resolve my issues. The front end manager was not there. The property manager did not return my phone calls. I could not get a hold of the gentleman that checked me in and gave me the wrong room and wrong info about breakfast. Corporate Days Inn picked up the call and I filed a complaint. All they did was credit me $10 for the AAA discount I did not get in the bait and switch. The property manager sent me a letter stating that i got my $10 end of story. NO ITS NOT!!! Completely aggravated I am taking my complaints to Wyndham. Perhaps i would have settled for the $10 had the front end manage offered it at check out which she should have done BUT THERE IS NO EXCUSE FOR A MILDEWY SHOWER! evidently customer service and satisfaction do not matter to this chain at all. Save yourself from such a tacky and mildewy property and drive on through! Hilton family properties offer 100% satisfaction and I've never had a complaint about their hotels!

Room Tip: Rooms in other hotels will be clean and not a bait and switch!
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo

Thank you for your feedback. I apologize for any confusion you had experienced during your stay with us. We offer standard rooms with two double beds which our our more affordable option. We also have Business Place rooms which have either one king bed or two double beds, microwave and refrigerator, desk, and other amenities which are prices usually a little more then our standard rooms. We also offer a Deluxe Continental breakfast with waffle station. Our staff tries to explain what our hotel has to offer as clearly as possible. I apologize again for any confusion.

Reviewed September 3, 2013

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family

Reviewed August 30, 2013

Reviewed August 29, 2013

Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

Also consider these accommodations in or near Fredonia
Comfort Inn
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Jamestown
Holiday Motel Westfield
Holiday Motel Westfield
#1 of 2 in Westfield

Been to Days Inn Fredonia/Dunkirk? Share your experiences!