“Perfect wind-down to a three week trek!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Fredonia
Brookside Manor Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #2 of 3 Fredonia B&B and Inns
Leesburg, Florida
“Perfect wind-down to a three week trek!”
Reviewed July 21, 2012

My husband and I traveled for the first three weeks in July, visiting family and friends. Driving from Florida to Virginia, then Ontario, Canada, and then two areas in Western NY, we stayed in a vacation resort, a private home, a small family-owned inn (not our family... Just not a chain!), and our final stop was Chautauqua County and a four day stay at Brookside Manor. What a fabulous choice for a bit of pampering and comfort!
Andrea and Dale, our hosts, have thought of absolutely everything to make one's stay perfect. From the first glimpse of the entry with the magnificent stairway to the final walk to our car at departure, greeted by one of the resident cats purring a goodbye, our visit at Brookside was a pleasure. The Butternut Room was beautiful, complete with comfy chairs and wonderful windows with cheery sunshine and lovely shutters when we had enough. The nicely appointed bathroom had plenty of storage room, as well as an assortment of toiletries and handy items we might have forgotten. Fresh soft towels daily was nice touch as well. The shower was roomy and the water pressure is excellent!
I must mention the lighting. After traveling as we had, we had be ome used to dim, dark rooms. There were six nice bright lights in the room, and reading or computer use were enhanced by the abundance of light.
It is difficult to choose one highlight - the beauty of the home, the fine decor in every room, the attention to detail everywhere, or the friendly hosts, the pettable cats, the brightly colored birds outside - but I think the prize for absolutely the best feature must go to breakfast. Gourmet delights every morning, at our choice of time, with touches such as fresh fruit, homemade breads served with a beautiful flower, local syrups, jams, and jellies. Unique egg dishes, wonderful pancakes and muffins, and incredible French toast that melted in our mouths! There are not enough stars to rate the Brookside Manor properly, so I must be satisfied with only FIVE, but I can say that our next trip will be planned around the vacancies Brookside might have. Thanks for a perfect end to our long trip.

Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank cj C

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
new york
Reviewed March 18, 2012

From the minute we arrived we were welcome. The hosts we very helpful with local plans and restaurants. Our room was spotless and nothing overlooked from tissues, to extra towels and night lights. The lounge area even had a wine opener, and the room had glasses of every type, including wine glasses for use. The breakfast was delicious especially the coffee. We wish we could return sooner. We stayed for four nights and enjoyed hearing about the history of the house as well as the area. Cannot recommend enough. Cannot find a fault which for us is unusual.

Room Tip: As for street noise, request a room opposite room 60, we heard nothing.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
3 Thank ann_olivia_66
staten island
Reviewed February 7, 2012

Hosts are very nice and accomodating. I traveled with my mother and 5 year old son to visit my older son who goes to college nearby, and we all enjoyed our stay. Breakfast is superb (fresh fruit and blueberry pancakes) and the grounds are beautiful! They have toys in the sitting room and make sure you have time to walk to the brook behind the b&b. I will return.

Room Tip: Southside room a bit noisy but everything else makes up for it. I can sleep through anything.
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
4 Thank georgiaStatenIsland
Kensington, Maryland, United States
Reviewed December 22, 2011

We stayed here last weekend, and were a little nervous about being in a B&B with our three boys, ages 5, 7, and 9. But it was perfect. The house was lovely, the room was extremely comfortable, and the hosts went way out of the way to make the experience very kid-friendly. Andrea even volunteered, completely unasked, to make an allergy breakfast for our middle son, who is allergic to nuts, eggs, and dairy. This is without a doubt the nicest place to stay if you are going to be in the Dunkirk-Fredonia, NY area.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank Lisa294
Hilton
Reviewed December 6, 2011

My wife and I had the opportunity to stay at the Brookside B&B recently and we were very pleased with the experience. Dale and Andrea were great hosts... very pleasant and accommodating. Our breakfast was unique and delicious. A happy departure from most 'continental breakfasts' served at your typical hotel chains. We stayed in the nicely appointed Garden Party Room and did not experience the traffic noise that another rater spoke of. The only reason I don't give them a full 5-star rating is that the mattress on the queen bed was a bit too firm and could use an upgrade or a memory foam topper. But that is just my personal preference (my wife found it comfortable). Do yourself a favor if you are thinking of staying at any other place in the Fredonia area, give the Brookside a try instead. You will be happy you did.

Room Tip: The Garden Party room has an extra (full-sized) bed, if you have the need. Read the cancellation po...
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Ray K
Bloomington, Indiana, United States
Reviewed October 2, 2011

We only stayed one night at the Brookside Manor but wish we could have stayed longer. Everything was so clean and perfect. Dale and Andrea were welcoming and helpful with everything from recommending a good restaurant to advising us which roads to avoid as we continued East. The breakfast was beyond superb and the house and grounds were just beautiful. I did notice the noise from the road that another guest mentioned (we also stayed in the garden room) and I debated whether to close the windows at night. The traffic quieted down before it got very late and since we had to get an early start I didn't notice any noise in the morning. Overall, we had a great stay and I highly recommend this B&B.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank Christopher K
Reviewed September 13, 2011

My husband and I spent two weeknights in the Garden Room at the Brookside Manor in August 2011. The room was nice, the hosts were lovely and the breakfast was great. My only complaint is the traffic noise. The B&B is located right off of a busy two lane highway. There were trucks carrying gravel that drove by starting at 6AM. Even with the windows closed it was very noisy and hard to sleep through. I would recommend this B&B, but maybe a different room, or a different time of year.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Fredonia
Comfort Inn
#1 of 6 in Chautauqua
White Inn
White Inn
#3 of 3 in Fredonia

Been to Brookside Manor Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!