“Very Nice Hotel - Too Expensive”

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites West Point
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Fort Montgomery
Reviewed July 16, 2012

Stayed for 1 night at this hotel. Hotel was very nicely decorated with modern furnishing. Extremely clean and super comfy bed. Staff was very nice and the pool looked great although I didn't try. My only gripe is the cost. At $170 for a king room in this area was a bit steep. The complimentary hot breakfast was nice however they should really rethink the layout of the serving area. Everything is layed out in a rather tight corner which results in traffic jam of people trying to get food. I gave up after a few minutes but managed to snag some coffee for the road.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Wram01

Reviewed June 30, 2012

$174 for one night in a HIE! Way overpriced. The recently updated hotel was clean, nice decor, and is in a great location. Breakfast, was the usual bland HIE fare and for the cost they really need to add some items to the menu and improve the quality. Staff was pleasant. We chose this hotel because it had been recently updated and a clean hotel means everything to me. We were not disappointed, but felt that the price was out of line.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank brooklynborn1960
Reviewed June 24, 2012

For once, everything in the description of the hotel was on target. The indoor heated pool was great. The breakfast was well stocked. The rooms were comfortable and clean. An added bonus was the early check-in (upon request). The staff was kind enough to let us check in much earlier than 3pm which was great since we had driven all night. The hotel is minutes from Bear Mountain State Park and West Point and Highland Falls. I absolutely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Gloa H
Reviewed May 13, 2012

Basically the McDonald's of the hotel world, not flashy, not luxury, but basic amenities, satisfying stay at an affordable price. I needed extra towels and had to go get them myself, and they could use another toaster for the breakfast area to move things along. That being said, the breakfast was way better than other area hotels I've stayed at with hot selections with decent variety.

• Stayed: May 2012
2  Thank KGfromSCV
Reviewed May 13, 2012

This Holiday Inn Express is about a mile and a half from Bear Mountain State Park. My husband and I stayed 2 nights in mid May. We were told prior to arrival that the hotel had been rennovated recently. We were not disappointed, and we would absolutely recommend this hotel. The rooms are beautiful. Rooms are outfitted with granite on several pieces of furniture in the rooms as well as the bathrooms. The rooms are spotless. The furniture has been updated and there are two different colors of wall paint on separate walls, which gives the room a modern feel. The furniture is tastefully done, more of a retro feel to it. Our room had a separate living room area that was connected to the sleeping area. There are two flat-screen TVs, one in the living room area and the other in the bedroom. The AC/heating vent is in the living room area which we like because many hotels have the vent right next to the bed, which blows the air directly on you when you are sleeping, which we don't like. Not a problem here. The beds were extremely comfortable. There is a mini kitchen in the living room area. There is a sink, mini-fridge, cabinets, and small counter-top space. There is a small hallway leading from the living room area to the door, and this gives the room a larger feel to it. The bathroom is beautifully decorated and very spacious. The shower is huge, has a built-in seat/place to put toiletries, the floor is made of stone tiles with varied colors. The shower has a rain forest shower as well as a removeable shower head feature, which I absolutely loved. In fact I loved it so much that I am going to have one installed in my bathroom when I get home. The removeable shower head is perfect for when you don't want to get your hair wet. You can maneuver the shower head to exactly where you need it and your hair doesn't get wet. Perfect for when you are not washing your hair. I got out of the shower and my hair just needed a little touching up but basically I looked like I had just washed and blow-dried my hair. Love... There is no bathtub but that was fine with us. The hotel has a standard hotel breakfast in the morning, but the eggs were freshly scrambled and not pre-cooked frozen/thawed like some chains, making this hotel a little above average in the breakfast dept. There were several kind of juices, various coffees, bagels, breads, english muffins, toaster. and mini-muffins as well as cinnamon buns. The cinnamon buns were above average. There was no waffle/pancake maker. Milk and yogurt were also available as well as several kinds of cererals. The hotel has a pool and small exercise room. There is a business center with one computer. The front desk staff were very helpful with anything we needed. There is free wi-fi in each room. We were extremely pleased with this hotel. We were in this area to attend a weddding at Bear Mtn. State Park, which is about 1 1/2 miles from the hotel. Bear Mountain has beautiful mountain views with lush greenery and mountain rocks all around.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank mindhealer
Reviewed May 12, 2012

We stayed here before going to another hotel. We used reward points for the stay.
This may explain why I didn't get "thank you for beig a plantinum member, and a welcome goodie, or room upgrade" Also it seemed odd when I asked if a relative checked in I had to spell the last name, being the last name was the same as the town name. The stff was responsive but didn't seem overly friendly. The beds were great as usual, but the breakfast area was a tad small.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank danderism
Reviewed April 25, 2012

We shopped around on tripadvisor and other sites and this seemed the best of all the hotels and motels close to West Point. We weren't disappointed. It's five minutes from post and very convenient to local eateries. Our room was clean, well appointed and very comfortable. Staff were pleasant and helpful. Breakfast was no more or less than expected. The hot eggs and sides were appreciated. You can't go wrong here.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
Bear Mountain Inn
#1 of 1 in Bear Mountain
16 mi away
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Chester - Monroe - Goshen

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites West Point? Share your experiences!