“Very clean, newer hotel--conveniently located for West Point visits”

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites West Point
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Fort Montgomery
Reviewed April 7, 2012

While visiting West Point, we stayed at this hotel for one night-- the hotel is relatively new, was nice & clean, and our room was great... very comfortable beds, and even the sofa sleeper was decent. There is a larger-sized in-room fridge at no extra fee, which is great when traveling (for temperature-sensitive snacks, drinks, & meds). The only, very minor complaint is that the sofabed was not made-up with linens in advance-- I do not like having to make our own bed(s) when traveling-- I get enough of that at home:)
Free breakfast in the A.M. was standard Holiday Inn fare, but good-- I'm always happy when peanut butter is provided for my banana, bagel, or muffin.
Overall, very nice & would stay here again.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family

Reviewed March 19, 2012

We traveled with our college team there for a weekend and it could not have went smoother. Mary and Donny were great, very prepared and made sure everything was ready to go when we got there. Great breakfast, great pool area and very clean. No doubt we would stay there again and couldn't find anything wrong with the hotel.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed January 30, 2012

My wife and I stayed there over weekend. We came to visit some friends who live in area. First I must say, a very nice and well decorated hotel. We have stayed many HI Expresses and have seen alot. This hotel was recently renovated and from head to toe. Updated furniture with granite tops. 37 inch flat screen and indoor pool which we didn't use but looked tempting. Very clean rooms. Staff was excellent, very nice ad friendly and informative. Breakfast bar host was great very energetic and wonderful. I will recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed: January 2012
2  Thank Rakafella
Reviewed January 30, 2012

Stayed for one night. Clean, comfortable, somewhat new. Only complaint was the room doors slammed and you can hear nearby doors slam all the time.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank SouthPhillyPT19148
Reviewed December 28, 2011

I live in the area but often have guests that need to stay in a local hotel. I always recommend the Holiday Inn Express because the rooms are nice and clean, and the amenities are excellent. The indoor swimming pool, sauna, exercise gym, and hot breakfast are included for all guests. The rooms and lobby have been recently renovated making this an even better choice.

Room Tip: All are good since the renovations, but ask to be sure.
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank mscoulter
Reviewed December 8, 2011

Even though the room was paid for already, they put a pending hold on my card. They couldn't explain what the pending hold was for. I even give them a credit card for incidentals upon checking in. Four days later, this hold is still on my bank account and the hotel has been very non-responsive in this matter. I faxed them my bank info and the hotel management's response was "I'll get to it when I can." This experience has left a very bad impression of this hotel chain on me. I will not stay at another Holiday Inn Express ever!

GWP

Room Tip: Don't stay here!
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family
4  Thank Gary P
Reviewed November 10, 2011

This place is just okay. It has a weird smell; I think smoking is still allowed in certain places. Lobby and guest rooms have been updated within the past few years. Bed was comfy, shower good. I would be fine staying here again.

• Stayed: November 2011
Bear Mountain Inn
#1 of 1 in Bear Mountain
12 mi away
Homewood Suites by Hilton Newburgh-Stewart Airport

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites West Point? Share your experiences!