“Alright....we're on to something here!”

Barnstormer Barbeque
Cuisines: American, Barbecue, Bar, Pub
Good for: Dining on a budget, Kids, Families with children, Large groups
Highland Falls, New York
“Alright....we're on to something here!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 15, 2014

I moved to Highland Falls about five months ago and pass this place almost every single day going to work. Finally I decided to stop in for lunch. First off, the atmosphere is simple, easy and it reads as if it was designed that way. Checkered tablecloths, wood floors, nostalgic ads on the walls and so on make you think you are smack in the middle of a BBQ place in the deep South. Great job there! We were served by a lone waitress who was clearly busy, but very attentive, friendly and personable. Kudos to her. The menu is easy to read, simple and offers a nice variety of choices. We had the potato skins for an appetizer. Certainly not diet food by any means, but if you're not counting calories, then delish! For the entree we order the "Memphis Dry" 3/4 rack of ribs to share. We were hungry and still did not finish them as it also comes with two sides. So don't let your eyes be bigger than your stomach here. You can have a very nice meal for 2 for $20 each including tax and tip! The waitress was nice enough to bring BBQ sauce for our dry ribs in case we wanted it. I would definitely recommend this because then you can regulate how much sauce you want instead of them overdoing it with the wet ribs. Overall, a very pleasant experience and the ribs were great. Very southern, not skimpy and simple. As it should be, in other words. Not a place for romance or to impress a date, but good for everything else. I am a bartender and I would work here in a New York minute, if the opportunity came up.

VATravel36
“Real BBQ!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 11, 2014

Well it is not a 5 star luxury restaurant, but if you want 5 star BBQ, this is it!! Best Texas BBQ Brisket I have had since leaving Texas. Service is friendly and atmosphere reminds me of a great southern cafe.
I highly recommend this place. Only suggestion to the restaurant...keep it open later at night.

San Mateo, California
“Very nice place except for the FOOD”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 4, 2014

I liked everything about the place except the food I was served. I ordered a chicken barbecue. It was very dry to say the least. I would not recommend this place.

Although the server was very nice and place had a friendly vibe to it.

Bronx, New York
“Lip Smacking”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 2, 2014

We were staying at the Overlook Lodge at Bear Mountain Inn, but we spent some time in Highland Falls and Fort Montgomery. On the way to the Inn, we passed Barnstormer and my man suddenly decided he was in the mood for BBQ, so we had dinner here instead of at the inn.

Everything we had was good (brisket, BBQ chicken, ribs) Great sides (BBQ beans, coleslaw, tomato/cucumber salad) I am partial to baked mac & cheese, but even though theirs is not baked, it was very good.

When we go out to dinner, we usually end up taking food home, but not this time. We cleaned our plates!

• Visited May 2014
Dorset, England
“Tasty barbecue food in a friendly setting”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 1, 2014 via mobile

Staying at the Holiday Inn Express just a 3 minute walk from this diner. After a long flight from UK and drive up to Fort Montgomery, this was a great way to end our long travel day.
The ribs were great, the half chicken was so moist and my wife's BBC prawns were excellent. We finished with a shared portion of cheesecake which was fantastic.
It's a long way from England but we will certainly be going back if travels take us this way.

Visited June 2014