“Offensive personality hosts” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of Bear Mountain Bridge Motel

Bear Mountain Bridge Motel
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Fort Montgomery
Bear Mountain Bridge Motel
“Offensive personality hosts”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 12, 2012

The guy who answers the phone is being offensive by criticizing and making personal comments, not being reasonable. I asked several questions about conditions and the price. And what was the response? That I have many issues, so "go and look for another place". When someone coming from far away, not knowing the area and willing to find a place to stay, that's not the type of treat you expect to receive when you are about to spend your own money. I think it's hard to relax in this place and communicate with these people. Greedy and shallow.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank Olla P

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Shreveport
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 23, 2012

This review is for AT hikers. Using AWOL's A.T. Guide, I decided to get a mail drop and single bed room at Bear Mountain Bridge Motel in Fort Montgomery, NY. The guide list the room for $69 dollars. And with the stay, hikers get pick up/return to trail at zoo.
Well I got picked up by the guy at the zoo and once at the motel, he tells me that I will get an eight dollar discount if I pay with cash. He then said the discounted rate would be $80. I told him the trail guide said $69and showed him the guide. He said it will be $80.
I asked him if AWOL called this year to update pricing. He said prices go up all the time and he didn't even acknowledge the guide.
After my questions, he said he didn't care that he had been doing this for 40 years and said he was doing hikers a favor. He also stated he didn't need our business.
Well, where I am from, we don't treat our customers like this. We know their money feeds us. This guy deserves no hiker business. Like he said, "I don't need the hiker business."
So fellow hikers, help make his statement true and give this motel no hiker business.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
10 Thank john h
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 19, 2012

We stopped over this motel because of its good location and an overall cuteness of the property. It looks nice from the outside but our stay was not as nice as I was expecting. AC unit is at least a decade old and doesn't do any cooling at all. The room was very uncomfortable and warm even in September. I haven't had such experience with cooling/heating ever and I am quite a frequent traveler. Bathroom looked clean apparently but had a nagging smell that stayed with us despite using the room fresher multiple times. Rooms are small and are in need of a big upgrade. There are much better options in the area which are comparable in price and I regretted staying here. Owners are very nice and friendly people.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank Zee L
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 19, 2010

Very intimate, cute, quaint rooms. Free wi-fi, across the street from a great bbq joint, and is a nice getaway from the city. The price is also extremely reasonable! This is my and my hubby's official little getaway when we want a little break from the city.. truly a jewel.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
7 Thank hypnoticpoizonr
Portland, ME
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 21, 2010

My son is on the Appalachian Trail and ran out of maps. The AT Conservancy overnight mailed him maps to this motel, and the owner drove out to pick up my son in town and get him back to the motel. What nice people! Thank you.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled solo
4 Thank Julia009
Boulder, Colorado
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 16, 2010

This little motel may not be fancy, but the rooms are clean, well kept, and the owners are super friendly, free wifi to boot. Very close to Bear Mt Park and right on the highway(no issue with road noise). The rooms are small and simple, but if you're looking for something simple and quaint then these are great places. The owner and his wife are super friendly and made sure our stay was comfortable. Well worth the value we got over the big chains.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Peekskill - Hudson Valley
Hampton Inn Harriman Woodbury
Hampton Inn Harriman Woodbury
#1 of 2 in Central Valley

Been to Bear Mountain Bridge Motel? Share your experiences!