“Great hotel for Military families!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Fort Drum
IHG Army Hotels on Fort Drum, Fort Drum Inn
Ranked #1 of 1 Fort Drum B&B and Inns
Wausau, Wisconsin
“Great hotel for Military families!”
Reviewed September 7, 2010

very nice hotel, clean and inexpensive, great for the Military families

Stayed September 2009, traveled with friends

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Portland, Maine
Reviewed August 2, 2010

The inn at Fort Drum is wonderful. They are very supportive of military families, are friendly and respectful and our stay was the best! It meant alot to me to be able to stay on post where my son is and be so close to him. Plus, it was nice to be able to get a nice room at a very reasonable rate! A big THANK YOU to everyone at the Inn for making my visit to Fort Drum and New York even better than it already was!

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
Fort Drum, NY
Reviewed January 3, 2010

BLUF: Don't stay there!
Very poor experience...in fact probably the worst experience I have had in all my travels. Let me explain.

Room itself: Looked like a motel 6 room (and not a good one). The TV looked as if it had not been cleaned, well, forever. The walls were very thin and our neighbor talking on the phone in his room sounded like he was in our room. The window came off it's track and would frost over in the morning. Then it would melt during the day and leave puddles of water on the heater.

Internet service: Only wireless is available and my room had horrible signal. It worked for 5 minutes then went down for 10-15. I complained to the front desk and they said I needed to move to the lobby for better signal or call the help desk. I called the help desk on multiple occasions and could not get to a real person to write a problem ticket. When I asked the front desk about this issue they said they know the government contractor for the service is horrible but they could not do anything about it.

Breakfast: average at best only because it was free

But the worst part of the stay was BUGS!!!!! yes I said BUGS. After the 4th night there I developed red, itchy bumps around my neck and shoulders. I thought this was an alergic reaction to something because I was the only one who had them. These continued to appear on my arms and legs as each day progressed. A couple days later my wife and 2 year old son started to get them too. This was my confirmation that this was not a rash or alergic reaction, but rather we were being feasted on at night. I again complained to the front desk and moved out to a local Bed and Breakfast. I stopped counting the bites after I reached 30 on my body.

If you are moving to or out of Fort Drum, find alternate temporary lodging. There are pleanty of other options that you can find. In watertown there are Hampton, Holiday inn express, Best Western, etc. There is a candlewood suites just outside the north gate and multiple bed and breakfasts around. (My B&B was actually cheaper than the Drum Inn and much better facilities and service) Also the Drum Inn is ussually booked at 100% capacity so if you "wait" too long to get a reservation then you probably won't get in and can get a statement of non-availability easily. This will increase your reimbersable amount for lodging from Finance.

Also be advised that as of 1 JAN 2010, TLE goes back to 10 days max.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled on business

1000 Islands Harbor Hotel
Best Western Watertown Fort Drum
Pleasant Night Inn - Fort Drum
Hilton Garden Inn Watertown/Thousand Islands

Been to IHG Army Hotels on Fort Drum, Fort Drum Inn? Share your experiences!